I run the latest version of iMovie on my 13-inch MacBook Pro. I heard that you can add a freeze frame to the text element, but that won't work for me. I just really don't want any fade effect.
    04-20-2016 01:12 PM
    Welcome to iMore!

The freeze frame is the only way I can think of doing it.

Here's how I do it and it works fine for me in iMovie 10.1.1:

At first I had the same issue which I got around by first adjusting my text to the desired length & font, then dragging the text to the main video line (that is if you're using text as overlay), right-click and select add freeze frame. A freeze frame of your text will appear - removing the fades - delete the front and back ends of the original text file, drag the freeze frame back over the part of the video you want to overlay your text on.
    kataran likes this.
    04-20-2016 04:51 PM
    Hi!

I'm trying this but my drop-down menu doesn't give me the option to add freeze frame. What am I missing? What do you mean main video line?
    The text is right on top of video line. Thanks!
    Welcome to iMore!

The freeze frame is the only way I can think of doing it.

Here's how I do it and it works fine for me in iMovie 10.1.1:

At first I had the same issue which I got around by first adjusting my text to the desired length & font, then dragging the text to the main video line (that is if you're using text as overlay), right-click and select add freeze frame. A freeze frame of your text will appear - removing the fades - delete the front and back ends of the original text file, drag the freeze frame back over the part of the video you want to overlay your text on.
    07-07-2017 01:03 PM