Why is there no map location shown on my iOS 9.3.1 two-factor authorization screen?

I

iMore Question

Have 2 iPhone 6's both running iOS 9.3.1. The phones have been setup to be identical in every setting except belonging to two different Apple ID's.

The two-factor authorization screen on phone "A" first shows a map image with an allow/allow location selection which then leads to the authorization code input screen.

This is the scheme that Apple shows in it's Two-Factor documentation.

The authorization screen on phone "B" just goes straight to the authorization code input screen--no map + don't allow/allow option.

Does anyone have any idea why this would be the case and is there any security risk to phone "B" as a result of bypassing the map screen?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
The map is shown on that page in the screenshot. You have beat up glasses. ;)

But no mention of a map in the directions for set up. It just shows log in. Maybe one of the OP's phones had no log in to report.
He/she expects them to be identical. They're not always gonna be.

Sherry_B

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
But no mention of a map in the directions for set up. It just shows log in. Maybe one of the OP's phones had no log in to report.
He/she expects them to be identical. They're not always gonna be.

Correct. I was just poking fun at you for not seeing the map on the page you linked. :rotfl:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janikhan1234