Becoming a beta tester?

Butterfly2

Mar 8, 2016
Visit site
I've beta tested apps in the past and at first it was interesting, especially to get the app and use it, but in the name of due diligence and give the developer the feedback, required work. I also had to put up with a lot of bugs, issues and instabilities.

One thing I would never do, is run the iOS beta on my phone. Now that apple allows public betas, I don't go near that, just because my phone is needed for work

Gd to know and get feedback! Thanks.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I've beta tested apps in the past and at first it was interesting, especially to get the app and use it, but in the name of due diligence and give the developer the feedback, required work. I also had to put up with a lot of bugs, issues and instabilities.

One thing I would never do, is run the iOS beta on my phone. Now that apple allows public betas, I don't go near that, just because my phone is needed for work

You have that mostly with the first of a major OS update. Like the upcoming iOS 10. You can wait until after they clean up the major bugs like in iOS 10.0.1., for example. And you can follow progress here on the beta threads. Even so, it's always recommended you not use your main daily driver for iOS beta testing. I don't. I'll do apps. If I can get a new battery in my old iPhone 5, I'll do iOS 10 on that. The apps are fun. Most are not that buggy and I don't mind reporting any I find.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I don't see them when accessed in iMore n TapaTalk. I do see them accessed from the TapaTalk notifications.

5f621d9e2c7a7f5a441c54d0e3af9cd6.jpg

28f26bc82dc2789264c11572b90e0a2b.jpg

Butterfly2

Mar 8, 2016
Visit site
Just got PM saw it this morning! Weird I m using imore and tapatalk mayb that's y my notifications gets bogged down! Thanks

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Just got PM saw it this morning! Weird I m using imore and tapatalk mayb that's y my notifications gets bogged down! Thanks

I'm on the TapaTalk beta. The Private Messages are not showing as they should. Usually if I send a PM from a member's TapaTalk profile, it also shows on the iMore PM.

Butterfly2

Mar 8, 2016
Visit site
Yes trying to get Imore to change my user name I have contacted imore support still waiting might b awhile before they get around to me! Patience is virtue I guess...

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Yes trying to get Imore to change my user name I have contacted imore support still waiting might b awhile before they get around to me! Patience is virtue I guess...

Yeah, she's a bit slow. But has a lot to do. She also handles contests.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods