iPhone SE too small?

clouds0222

Aug 6, 2015
Visit site
Has anyone who purchased the SE and changed from a 6 or 6s finding the device too small? I love the design of the SE but going on 24 hours with it I may have to stick with my 6s after all. Anyone else finding this to be the case?

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
When I upgraded from my 3.5" iPhone 4 to the 4" iPhone 5, I thought,"Wow, it's bigger!". But now after using my 6s Plus for 6 months, I couldn't go back. Not if I have a choice. I still have the 5. It does seem awfully small now. The SE is a great phone, if you don't mind the size.

Lefty724

Mar 25, 2016
Visit site
In all honesty, the SE is a little small for everyday use for the average person. I think the 6/6s is the perfect size for any phone.

However, for one handed use and since I'm always on the go/multitasking, the SE fits my needs perfectly.

It's easily pocketable, light, and perfect to use as a actual phone. Great call quality and reception!

MaxSmarties

Mar 31, 2016
Visit site
In all honesty, the SE is a little small for everyday use for the average person. I think the 6/6s is the perfect size for any phone.

However, for one handed use and since I'm always on the go/multitasking, the SE fits my needs perfectly.

It's easily pocketable, light, and perfect to use as a actual phone. Great call quality and reception!
that's true only if your "everyday use" mostly is web browsing....

In my case, web browsing on the iPhone is just for "emergency only", cause I have my iPad Mini with me almost every time.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
that's true only if your "everyday use" mostly is web browsing....

In my case, web browsing on the iPhone is just for "emergency only", cause I have my iPad Mini with me almost every time.

If I had an iPad, the SE would suit me for my phone needs. That tandem is still an option down the road.

DefRad

Apr 4, 2016
Visit site
Went from an iPhone 5s to a OnePlus One to an iPhone 6s to an iPhone SE. Nothing beats the simplicity and comfort of the original iPhone 5 design. iPhone 6 design is like a slippery bar of soap bigger than your hand. One handed operation of the iPhone SE is a joke. I recently had to hold my iPhone SE and someone's iPhone 6s Plus with the bulkiest case ever to take pictures. The size and bulk of the 6s plus was a joke compared to the SE which could take equal quality photos and has better battery life. If you're going to have the best, get an iPhone SE for mobile comfort and have an iPad mini or greater for a bigger screen size.

DefRad

Apr 4, 2016
Visit site
Went from an iPhone 5s to a OnePlus One to an iPhone 6s to an iPhone SE. Nothing beats the simplicity and comfort of the original iPhone 5 design. iPhone 6 design is like a slippery bar of soap bigger than your hand. One handed operation of the iPhone SE is a miracle of design. I recently had to hold my iPhone SE and someone's iPhone 6s Plus with the bulkiest case ever to take pictures. The size and bulk of the 6s plus was a joke compared to the SE which could take equal quality photos and has better battery life. If you're going to have the best, get an iPhone SE for mobile comfort and have an iPad mini or greater for a bigger screen size.

Lefty724

Mar 25, 2016
Visit site
Went from an iPhone 5s to a OnePlus One to an iPhone 6s to an iPhone SE. Nothing beats the simplicity and comfort of the original iPhone 5 design. iPhone 6 design is like a slippery bar of soap bigger than your hand. One handed operation of the iPhone SE is a joke. I recently had to hold my iPhone SE and someone's iPhone 6s Plus with the bulkiest case ever to take pictures. The size and bulk of the 6s plus was a joke compared to the SE which could take equal quality photos and has better battery life. If you're going to have the best, get an iPhone SE for mobile comfort and have an iPad mini or greater for a bigger screen size.

Agreed. I repossessed my iPad mini from my kids and have set it up to run tandem with my SE.

Gonna try it out this week to see how it goes.

bzeroh56

Mar 26, 2016
Visit site
Also, it might depend on your isight (get it, hahaha). If you have bad eyes, maybe the 6 sizings would be better for you physically. Considering how often people are on their devices, and how near sightedness is going up, you might want the bigger phones.

Wotchered

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
Also, it might depend on your isight (get it, hahaha). If you have bad eyes, maybe the 6 sizings would be better for you physically. Considering how often people are on their devices, and how near sightedness is going up, you might want the bigger phones.

Or spectacles !

Sherry_B

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
Or spectacles !

Sometimes glasses don't matter. If I got my prescription updated like I'm supposed to I would be getting new glasses every 4 to 6 months. :(

It's not about a large phone. It's about being able to adjust font size. Unfortunately not every app developer is smart enough to think about ensuring their apps can be viewable by all. :( :(

libra89

Feb 20, 2016
Visit site

I have always been nearsighted and I have been wearing glasses constantly for a little over 20 years now so the small screen size is fine for me. I am also one of those oddballs who think that smaller font looks neater so eh. I don't feel like I have to squint at all. I plan to do a lot of reading as I did with my 5s on my phone, and no issues here. I slightly tweaked the font on my ebook readers though. However, I tweaked it enough that I can read it without glasses and also not all the way in my face either. lol.

Basically, as a 24/7 glasses wearer, it doesn't make any difference for me lol.

Lefty724

Mar 25, 2016
Visit site
Same here. I have perfect vision and have always like the font set to tiny. I just like fitting as much content on the phone as possible.

People would always comment on how tiny my font is, but it's just the way I like it.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Yes, the SE is to small for ME and the way I like to use and view my device. As I have progressed thru cell/smartphones years, I've realized that I'm a happy "Phablet" consumer. There is no need in fooling myself into thinking I want/need the SE because it's the new "kid" on the block.
I actually like "web browsing" on my 6s Plus, because of the larger screen I don't have to carry another device around.
MY Space Gray 6s Plus is a perfect fit for MY lifestyle