Choosing your device

Levaka

Mar 25, 2016
Visit site
Hi! I'm gonna make it short and sweet:

What made you stop your choice on the iPhone you currently have or will have?

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
It had the latest technology that Apple offered and it wasn't too big. It also offered plenty memory to satisfy me for a very long time. I loved the speed of the new TouchID sensor and the camera improvement was well welcome. I previously had the 6 64GB. I had no intentions on upgrading but my wife broke her iPhone 6. So rather than her get the new phone, I got the new phone and gave her my 6 (Which was in perfect condition). This all just so happened on the same day the 6S was announced. Someone was looking out for me. :rotfl: Lol

Weapon of choice: iPhone 6s 128GB

Levaka

Mar 25, 2016
Visit site
I wanted to test the waters with an affordable device before investing in a more convenient and powerful device so I got a 5.

anon(9602380)

Aug 14, 2015
Visit site
I wanted to test the waters with an affordable device before investing in a more convenient and powerful device so I got a 5.

The 5 is still a formidable phone. My wife still rocks a 5 and loves it. I have the 6 and will not upgrade till the 7 Plus. The 6s/6s Plus did not offer enough for me to even consider moving up. I am on the even cycle and not the s cycle. I like the even cycle as it generally offers better upgrades than the s cycle. My 6 has been a solid phone but I am now interested in the Plus size. You hopefully will find the iPhone just works. I have been using them since they were introduced and have always enjoyed using them.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I still have my 5. It only needs a battery. It's been in an Otterbox Defender for 2? years. I've only removed the case 3 times. The last time it still looked pristine new.

May 30, 2013
Visit site
I currently own the 6+, upgraded from the 5 and I must say that I don't think that I could ever go back to the smaller size phone. Yes, it sucks that some things like cellphone wallets and chargeable cases are hard to find but I will still always love this phone. I plan to upgrade to the 7 when it arrives in the fall but if the phone really doesn't change much from the 6s+ then I will wait another year. I do have small hands and it's not a one hand phone all the time but I just love how the design of the apps like games and magazines are bigger then the 4 and 5 and 6.

jianrong

Dec 29, 2014
Visit site
I currently own the 6+, upgraded from the 5 and I must say that I don't think that I could ever go back to the smaller size phone. Yes, it sucks that some things like cellphone wallets and chargeable cases are hard to find but I will still always love this phone. I plan to upgrade to the 7 when it arrives in the fall but if the phone really doesn't change much from the 6s+ then I will wait another year. I do have small hands and it's not a one hand phone all the time but I just love how the design of the apps like games and magazines are bigger then the 4 and 5 and 6.

So your 6+ gonna stay until 8+?

:)

I wonder oled will be in on 7+?

Lol.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Coming from the 5s, I definitely choose the 6 Plus and 6s Plus because of the screen size. I like having the latest and greatest of the platform I'm using so that's how I wound up with the 6s Plus. I actually kept my 5s longer than any previous device and if the 7 Plus/Pro isn't that much of an upgrade, I might wait on the 7s Plus/Pro.

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
I'm still using my 5s and love it. The 5s is still an awesome device. I use what I like and don't have a need for the latest and greatest.

hendrali

Feb 26, 2016
Visit site
I chose iPhone 5s because well i don't like the big size of the 6...well not really because I think the 6 and 6s design is not that great looking though for me. Anyway I am a BlackBerry and Android user also. Each os has their own plus and minus. I still think a great iPhone is the one that needed to be jailbreaked. Lol. Alas...I bought a used iPhone 5s that is already upgraded to iOS 9.2.1...Hopefully there will be a jailbreak soon for thia version and up.

Levaka

Mar 25, 2016
Visit site
I got the 5S because I wanted to have an affordable, decent phone to test the waters.
But I can hear the 6s call my name so I'm gonna get it and I want to futureproof myself if I ever wanna get the 7.

blackmagicwoman

Trusted Member
Sep 6, 2013
Visit site
I chose the 6S plus because I have a serious addiction to phones. From Blackberry to IPhone then back to Android S3, S4, iPhone 5 then iPhone 6 and now iPhone 6S plus. I really want to hold out for 7S plus. Please 🏾 for me.

Lefty724

Mar 25, 2016
Visit site
I always jump back and forth between Android and Apple.

I was content with my Note 5/Samsung Gear combo but the iPhone 6/Apple Watch was way more refined as far as use.

So I went back to the iPhone 6, then my old beloved 5s once I heard the SE was coming out, and now am on a SE/Apple Watch combo. 50% of the reason I'm back to Apple is because of the watch.

anon(9602380)

Aug 14, 2015
Visit site
I got the 6S through Apple and I really love it :D

No doubt. I have the 6 and have enjoyed it since it was launched by Apple. Decided to stay with it till the 7 Plus comes out. You made an excellent choice and will surely enjoy it for some time to come.

libra89

Feb 20, 2016
Visit site
I got the 5S because I wanted to have an affordable, decent phone to test the waters.
This is also part of my story.

Since you asked, I'll share the "not so long; can read" version of my story (bad joke on "too long; didn't read") :

-Originally came from Windows Phone. Loved it, but some important apps either have left, or they aren't good. Didn't like the direction things were going so I felt the need to try my options.
-Tried a Nexus 5x. I forced myself to use it one handed (Just not comfortable and after a while, I feel strained.). Solid phone, but Android was a bit too complex and this phone was too big for my liking personally so I figured I should try iOS.
-Bought a used 5s that took forever to come so I also bought a used 5c to try out iOS for not much money. When the 5s finally came, I liked it a lot. The 5s is better and it was almost ideal, but the connectivity for T-Mobile sucked.
-Heard about the SE, and since it has ALL of T-Mobile's bands with other nice upgrades too and still the same size as the 5s, it was the natural choice...eventually. When Apple revealed the price, and I found out that I can get $150 instantly for trade-in for the 5s, I was sold on getting my hands on this phone!

Basically that is my story on how I arrived at the SE, which I now have.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods