i forgot my password and can not reactivate my ipad.

I

iMore Question

I was updating my ipad it was find my iPhone well I don't have a iPhone but by mistake did it anyway.... not it says activate but I don't remember my password can you help, been working on this for 3 days.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
If you can't recall your iCloud passcode AND you're unable to retrieve it via Apple's retrieval process then there's nothing any of us can do for you. Period.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Go to an Apple store and ask them to help you.

They are not going to be able to assist the OP with regard to this security matter if he or she is unable to retrieve the passcode via the retrieval process.

Sgooter

Jan 22, 2016
Visit site
So he's now the proud owner of some high-tech but totally useless Apple devices?
I would like to believe that his Apple devices are registered with Apple, and by visiting an Apple store and showing appropriate ID, the original boxes, purchase receipts, etc. an Apple store rep/manager can verify his ownership and then have the Apple mothership do a factory reset/wipe on his devices. Am I just dreaming?

Sherry_B

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
An update to this thread;

I called the store where I purchased my 6s (Naperville IL) and spoke with Peggy. She told me that if I cannot get into my phone then I would need to bring the phone in and have both my receipt and my state ID. At that point they will factory reset the phone. The receipt is important because it has both IMEI number and the serial number printed on it.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
So he's now the proud owner of some high-tech but totally useless Apple devices?
As it stands right now, yes.
I would like to believe that his Apple devices are registered with Apple, and by visiting an Apple store and showing appropriate ID, the original boxes, purchase receipts, etc. an Apple store rep/manager can verify his ownership and then have the Apple mothership do a factory reset/wipe on his devices. Am I just dreaming?
If I broke into your home, stole your iPhone and then stole the paperwork associated with it and then drove to the Apple Store with the fake ID that my friend at the DMV hooked me up with to have them remove the iCloud activation lock so that the device can then become mine, how would that benefit "you"? It wouldn't. You would swear up and down that Apple didn't do enough to prevent thieves from taking over your device. The retrieval process is there for a reason.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
An update to this thread;

I called the store where I purchased my 6s (Naperville IL) and spoke with Peggy. She told me that if I cannot get into my phone then I would need to bring the phone in and have both my receipt and my state ID. At that point they will factory reset the phone. The receipt is important because it has both IMEI number and the serial number printed on it.

It appears they've softened their stance a bit. Oh well. Thanks for the update, Sherry...

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

Disregard my last reply. It is apparent that I was wrong.

Sherry_B

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
Disregard my last reply. It is apparent that I was wrong.

Actually I'm glad that the this thread went the way that it did. Before this I had just assumed they would fix it if you provide the necessary documents. When you said they wouldn't it got me to thinking... what if it happened to me. So I tossed my closet looking for the box and took out my receipt and called the number so I could ask lol.

So thank you both for your posts!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711