iPhone 6s BIG battery issue. Replace?

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
I think it is battery issue. Here's why. I just bought new original wall charger (before I charged my phone thru PC(usb) and my phone is charging +10% every 7min, that's def. not normal :D
I remember that old Nokia phones did that simptoms when had old/bad battery, but I don't know how it is with these Li-on battery. I have Makita power drill with Li-on battery and it takes less and less time to fully charge every year as battery gets older, so maybe these new type of batteries are the same.

I'll definitely let you all know if replacing battery helped.

I don't doubt that you have a battery issue but it isn't crazy that your battery is recharging that quickly. My 6s Plus just went up 9% in 11 minutes and I was using it.

Kriss Pur

Mar 23, 2016
Visit site
Oh. Thanks for letting me know that. My old iPhone 6 wasn't charging that quickly as far as I remember, that's why I made this assumption. Now I'm totally confused..well, just have to wait for battery and hope for best.

Fit24

Trusted Member
Aug 9, 2012
Visit site
Sounds like the phone has a battery problem but I guess you'll know for sure when you swap the battery. I hope everything works out for you.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
When i got phone it was used, so no papers. Apple support is not an option in my situation. I just ordered battery, I'll let you all know did the battery fix my problem. Maybe someone else is/will be in this situation and that can help. I just hope battery will fix my problem because at the moment phone is useless. :)

Warranty transfer with the phone so you don't need papers. Take it to a Apple Store. We got the point. You don't have papers. Apple will still cover it unless it has physical damage. Warranty transfers even if you bought it used.

Kriss Pur

Mar 23, 2016
Visit site
Thank you! I called apple store and they confirmed that for first year no papers req. and after Easter holidays I will make trip to apple store. I'll be for big surprise if i get new phone :D

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Thank you! I called apple store and they confirmed that for first year no papers req. and after Easter holidays I will make trip to apple store. I'll be for big surprise if i get new phone :D

If it's a faulty battery, they may just replace the battery. But then, I've seen replacement phones given for less.

zeromeus

Sep 10, 2014
Visit site
If it doesn't take long for your phone to charge from 10% then it's definitely not the battery. What if you keep trying to use your phone even at 10% and see how long your phone will run before it turns itself off. Maybe the battery sensor is the problem, not the battery itself.

Kriss Pur

Mar 23, 2016
Visit site
If it doesn't take long for your phone to charge from 10% then it's definitely not the battery. What if you keep trying to use your phone even at 10% and see how long your phone will run before it turns itself off. Maybe the battery sensor is the problem, not the battery itself.

I tested and it took 1h 40min to fully charge my phone (thru wall charger) so I think it ok, not too fast after all. It charges first 80% very fast and the last 20% takes a lot more time.

My last battery stats. 1h 50min usage, 9h standby, and battery is empty..that's not good. I search in Google for other 6s battery stats screenshots and my battery holds maybe 10% of what theirs do. Left fully charge phone this night with wifi and everything else off and lost 70% in 10h. My previous iPhone 6 lost 2-4% in that time.

Tuesday I will call again iDeal store and see if they are interested in my problem. I ordered replacement battery but now I can't use it because I can't open phone (lose warranty). If Apple Store rejects my phone then it's DIY scenario.

Kriss Pur

Mar 23, 2016
Visit site
If anyone is interested in status:

They took my iphone without papers (i have to say cool apple warranty). Apple diagnostic showed that battery is ok. Something else is draining battery. They don't know what. They will contact me in 5 days time to let me know more. I couldn't live without phone so i bought new iphone 6s and battery compered to previous one is like day and night. Hope they will fix it or give new one so i can sell and cover part of new iphones cost.