I currently have an iPhone 6, Macbook Pro 2011, Garmin Fenix 3, Surface Pro 3, and Nexus 7 (2013). I'm trying to think about what I should upgrade. I'm happy with my phone. The Macbook Pro is aging, but it has a fast SSD and 16GB of RAM. I have the Fenix 3 as a smartwatch / GPS watch / activity tracker. Battery life is fantastic and it's perfect for my running. So an Apple watch doesn't make much sense. The Nexus 7 is adequate but feeling long in the tooth.

So I'm considering either an iPad Mini 4 or an iPad Air 2 (or iPad Pro 9.7"). I like the smaller form factor of the Nexus 7 so the mini seems like an easy choice. Or...I simply keep saving for a new Macbook Pro.
    03-14-2016 09:57 PM
    How can you state that "an Watch doesn't make much sense" since you already have a Fenix 3, but make sense out of having a MacBook Pro, a Surface Pro 3, a Nexus 7 and an iPhone?.......You stated that your "MacBook Pro is aging", but yet, with 16 GB RAM and an SSD, I'm willing o bet that it still suits your computer needs. Having said that, it's your money so get whatever you want...
    03-14-2016 10:04 PM
    I currently have an iPhone 6, Macbook Pro 2011, Garmin Fenix 3, Surface Pro 3, and Nexus 7 (2013). I'm trying to think about what I should upgrade. I'm happy with my phone. The Macbook Pro is aging, but it has a fast SSD and 16GB of RAM. I have the Fenix 3 as a smartwatch / GPS watch / activity tracker. Battery life is fantastic and it's perfect for my running. So an Apple watch doesn't make much sense. The Nexus 7 is adequate but feeling long in the tooth.

So I'm considering either an iPad Mini 4 or an iPad Air 2 (or iPad Pro 9.7"). I like the smaller form factor of the Nexus 7 so the mini seems like an easy choice. Or...I simply keep saving for a new Macbook Pro.
    Welcome to iMore! If the supposed 9.7" Pro Mini (or whatever it ends up being called) surfaces after the March 21st event I would go with that. It's going to be really, really nice and powerful.
    03-14-2016 10:10 PM
    First, I get it. I don't have any real issues and I'm not in a huge rush to go spend money. I'm blessed to have what I have. Part of me wants an iPad Mini but the idea of a new Pro sounds intriguing. I also know that the Macbook Pro will need to be replaced eventually. My second sata connection (on the MBP) is sketchy. My drive will randomly disconnect and I have to re-seat the connector. Maybe I just need to replace the SATA cable/ribbon? No matter, it's a 2011 model and parts will continue to fail. My Nexus 7 has seen a lot of use over the years. The touchscreen doesn't work as well and after a day or two I have to reboot it so that the orientation sensor works again. I have a Fenix 3 so an Apple Watch doesn't really solve any problems for me. I get notifications on my Fenix 3 and I can answer / dismiss phone calls.

I'm simply thinking ahead and trying to decide how best to use my money.
    03-15-2016 01:35 PM