I have settings>notifications>calendar set to allow notifications, with upcoming events getting a badge, a sound, and an alert. I am not getting a badge or an alert that requires action before it goes away. I'll see a notification that is neither a badge nor an alert, and the minute I unlock the phone, it goes away. My calendar reminders used to work perfectly, and I can't figure out what I've done to screw it up. I'm thinking there must be some other control that I've set incorrectly and it's overriding the one in settings>notifications>calendar.
    03-14-2016 01:37 PM
    Welcome to iMore! I'm not sure what the problem might be. You might try a hard reset first.
    Hold the top or side power/sleep button and the home button at the same time until the Apple logo appears, then release.
    If that doesn't work, then try Reset All Settings.
    Reset All Settings
    Go to Settings >General >Reset >Reset All Settings. This resets to default everything in Settings, including notifications, alerts, brightness, and clock settings like wake up alarms.
    If it still doesn't work, you may need to restore your phone as new. Not from a back up.
    I can't think of any other settings that are relevant.
    03-14-2016 06:42 PM
    You are getting the correct alert that requires action. The alert you received remained visible for you to see and acknowledge until you unlocked the screen. Unlocking the screen, in this incident, was one of the required actions. As for the badge, rebooting the device or resetting all settings should be sufficient.
    03-14-2016 07:21 PM
    If you only open the phone without sliding the message, you might still see it in the Notification Center pull down screen.
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    03-14-2016 07:35 PM