When i put my sim in, the network is not detected and as a result it say no network but i try putting my sim in another phone and it worked. So i brought my phone to a repairman since my warranty with Apple is already over but the repairman said i need to give my apple id as he cant check the phone for me unless it's connected to my apple id...is this true?
    03-01-2016 02:31 AM
  2. TwitchyPuppy said: Best Answer

Completely false and shady.

He can check for issues without an Apple ID.
    Especially network, which has absolutely nothing to do with your Apple ID. They are completely independant.

Don't do business with him.
    Completely false and shady.

He can check for issues without an Apple ID.
    Especially network, which has absolutely nothing to do with your Apple ID. They are completely independant.

Don't do business with him.
    firedept10, Just_Me_D and Sherry_B like this.
    03-01-2016 08:48 AM
    03-01-2016 09:13 AM
    No need to do that. I'd find out WHAT he plans to test with it and set him straight
    Rob Phillips and TwitchyPuppy like this.
    03-02-2016 05:56 AM
    When i put my sim in, the network is not detected and as a result it say no network but i try putting my sim in another phone and it worked. So i brought my phone to a repairman since my warranty with Apple is already over but the repairman said i need to give my apple id as he cant check the phone for me unless it's connected to my apple id...is this true?
    Not just no, Hell No! I wouldn't give my Apple ID to my 84 year old mother even, not that she'd know what to do with it.
    03-02-2016 04:10 PM
    That's really shady & I'm sure he's already duped someone with that mess
    TwitchyPuppy likes this.
    03-02-2016 06:17 PM
    Just in case you haven't caught our drift yet....

NO FREAKING WAY should you give him your Apple ID. The guy is a hack.
    eyecrispy and TwitchyPuppy like this.
    03-02-2016 08:09 PM
    I'm glad you came here and asked the question instead of just giving him your Apple ID.
    TwitchyPuppy likes this.
    03-02-2016 10:12 PM
    He cant do anything with your Apple ID, i reckon. Also, pls setup 2 step verification for your Apple ID.
    03-03-2016 01:50 AM
    You would have to disable find my iphone, for the repair shop to be able to erase things, reload os, etc. Maybe for those reasons he must have asked it. And I think after reloading the OS, find my iphone is auto enabled. I don't think the repair shop has ill intentions of misusing your ID, but to be more cautious, you can backup your phone, remove your apple id and ideally set it up using a test/dummy/new icloud account and share the password.
    03-03-2016 06:53 AM
    You would have to disable find my iphone, for the repair shop to be able to erase things, reload os, etc. Maybe for those reasons he must have asked it. And I think after reloading the OS, find my iphone is auto enabled. I don't think the repair shop has ill intentions of misusing your ID, but to be more cautious, you can backup your phone, remove your apple id and ideally set it up using a test/dummy/new icloud account and share the password.
    Or just not re-entering their Apple ID until the guy give them back their phone.
    03-03-2016 12:58 PM