This is a storage problem. When asked if I will allow iCloud to delete all backed up photos on my iPad, the message I receive just before deleting, is that all my photos in the iCloud library will be deleted on all my devices. What does this mean?
    Is my iCloud library gone? If the photos are still in the cloud storage, can I only view them from my Mac via iCloud.com?
    Thanks for any assistance,
    Heather
    Last edited by zocster; 02-24-2016 at 07:37 PM.
    02-24-2016 07:14 PM
  2. Ledsteplin said: Best Answer

If you refer to iCloud Photo Library, then I think they are deleted on the device. But if they're backed up to iCloud with the iPad, then no. iCloud is not a storage option. It's a back up option. It backs up what is currently on your device. It's not like Dropbox. You could upload your photos on your iPad to Box or Dropbox to be on the safe side.
    If you refer to iCloud Photo Library, then I think they are deleted on the device. But if they're backed up to iCloud with the iPad, then no. iCloud is not a storage option. It's a back up option. It backs up what is currently on your device. It's not like Dropbox. You could upload your photos on your iPad to Box or Dropbox to be on the safe side.
    02-24-2016 07:56 PM
    Photos that are kept in your is loud Photo Library gets synced to any device configured with the same iCloud ID and passcode and has iCloud Photo Library enabled. If you add or delete a photo on one device, the results will get synced to the rest. If you delete all photos in your iCloud Photo Library, those same pics will be deleted from your configured devices.
    02-24-2016 08:31 PM