6s Plus battery woes

matthew2501

Feb 18, 2016
Visit site
I got an iPhone 6s Plus less than 14 days ago and I'm pretty sure the battery is bad will they give me an new device since I have a defective battery?

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to iMore, Matthew! Yes, they will give you a new iPhone if the battery is bad since you're within the 14 day return period.

Milcacious

Banned
Feb 16, 2016
Visit site
Did you take it as a new one? If so, please use for few days 14 days isn't well enough to understand the battery life. Use at least 1 month and then complain to them if continue the same issue.

Rob Phillips

Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Did you take it as a new one? If so, please use for few days 14 days isn't well enough to understand the battery life. Use at least 1 month and then complain to them if continue the same issue.

I might let the tech at the store make that determination and take advantage of the return period rather than have to deal with the warranty. OP didn't post a ton of detail regarding the situation. It could be obvious that the battery is bad.

matthew2501

Feb 18, 2016
Visit site

The device is a new device and my sister also got one the same day I did and she uses the phone way more than me and by the end of the day her iPhone is still holding up while mine is pretty much dead.

matthew2501

Feb 18, 2016
Visit site
I might let the tech at the store make that determination and take advantage of the return period rather than have to deal with the warranty. OP didn't post a ton of detail regarding the situation. It could be obvious that the battery is bad.

The device is brand new and my sister got the same one the Same day as me and the battery is lasting way longer on her phone and she uses the Internet and the phone way more than me and her phone by the end of the day is still holding a decent charge and mine is pretty much dead.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
The device is a new device and my sister also got one the same day I did and she uses the phone way more than me and by the end of the day her iPhone is still holding up while mine is pretty much dead.

That doesn't necessarily mean anything. You and her would need to have everything in Settings set the exact way and do all the exact same things in the exact time periods to compare fairly.

matthew2501

Feb 18, 2016
Visit site
That doesn't necessarily mean anything. You and her would need to have everything in Settings set the exact way and do all the exact same things in the exact time periods to compare fairly.

I do all the stuff to save power like turn off background app refresh and low power mode and my sister does none of the power saving stuff and uses it more than me so my battery seems to be bad 😟😞

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Welcome to iMore. I suggest returning the device and getting a new one. I do not suggest waiting a month if the battery is failing. The Apple Store will be able to run a diagnosis on your device and actually see if it's the battery or not.
Enjoy the site.

teepea

Feb 19, 2016
Visit site
Mines did the Same and I got mines from T-Mobile also as I started downloading more apps the battery started dying crazy then I turned off most of the app refresh and it's much better

matthew2501

Feb 18, 2016
Visit site
Welcome to iMore. I suggest returning the device and getting a new one. I do not suggest waiting a month if the battery is failing. The Apple Store will be able to run a diagnosis on your device and actually see if it's the battery or not.
Enjoy the site.

One more thing how many hours of regular usage should the iPhone 6s Plus last??

Rob Phillips

Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site

There are a lot of factors that go into how long a battery lasts. With regular usage my 6s Plus lasts all day while someone streaming videos or playing a lot of games should typically see shorter battery life.
Keep in mind, I do virtually nothing to conserve battery power except shut off background refresh on a couple resource hungry apps. I believe in using my iPhone how it was designed and I'm okay with shortened battery life as long as it carries me through my workday. That's just me though.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site

"Regular usage" is different for everyone. I usually get approx 10 hours of what I consider heavy usage. Their are days in which my usage is minimal and I may get 12/14 hours. It's really different for each person.

If you think your iPhone's battery is not good, take it to an Apple Store and have them take a look at it....they do not charge for checking it.

Milcacious

Banned
Feb 16, 2016
Visit site

Did you contact to the service center? If not let them about this issue. Might they will find out an easy solution for you.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal