Google Maps keeps failing to be downloaded onto my iPhone 6

I

iMore Question

After crashing repeatedly, I deleted the Google Maps app from my phone. When I went to download it from the App Store, it loads 3/4 of the way and then comes up with a message "unable to be downloaded" with the options Done or Retry. Retry only brings the same message.

I've tried deleting the app again, turning my phone off for a while and restarting, then trying again. Is there anything you think I am missing?

Thanks

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
It might be a server-related problem, but have you tried rebooting your iPhone and then trying again?

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Be sure your wifi signal is strong. Reboot the modem/router just in case. Then do a hard reset. (Reboot phone).
Hold the top or side power/sleep button and the home button at the same time until the Apple logo appears, then release.

cscrub

Feb 11, 2016
Visit site
Thanks for the tips, I did the hard reset and it still hasn't made the download complete. I'll have to keep trying. Thanks again

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the tips, I did the hard reset and it still hasn't made the download complete. I'll have to keep trying. Thanks again

If it's partially on the screen, you need to delete that and start over. Press on the partial app icon and tap the X. It will stay there. Then go to Settings >General > Storage Usage > Manage storage > scroll to app and tap, then delete. Check on the screen and delete there again if neccessary. Now go download it again.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711