Since installing 9.2.1 on my iPhone the battery won't charge properly

I

iMore Question

Since 9.2.1 was installed on my iPhone 5s the battery only charges to 70% overnight and seems to lose charge quite quickly. My husbands 5s is fine. What has happened to mine? It's about a year old but my husbands is only a couple of months old.

zuhaibafzal

Jan 28, 2016
Visit site
Since 9.2.1 was installed on my iPhone 5s the battery only charges to 70% overnight and seems to lose charge quite quickly. My husbands 5s is fine. What has happened to mine? It's about a year old but my husbands is only a couple of months old.

And how much are you getting battery usage time?

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to iMore! Have you checked your battery usage in Settings > Battery? Look at the apps using the most battery and make sure you don't have a rogue app eating up resources for some reason. Facebook has been reported by many users as having issues with this. Assuming that's all fine, and this problem started right when you upgraded to 9.2.1, I would recommend booting into recovery mode and restoring using iTunes. You might just have a botched iOS installation. Instructions here: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201263
I recommend setting it up as a new device, as much work as that may be.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711