Can someone answer my question without asking me a question I can't answer?!
    I had the voice memos are gone question!
    01-31-2016 05:12 PM
    Original question:

Apparently one of the past updates (but not the one from last week) to my iphone5s deleted all my voice memos. I didn't know.
    I did a back up of all my info today thru iTunes. Noticed I only had 2 voice memos I did on Jan 10th, but NONE of my old ones. If i had realized they were gone BEFORE I backed up I would have retrieved them from the back up before doing a new one.
    Now they are gone gone. I've tried TWO downloaded programs that claim they can get them back. But both programs just give me the two newest memos since all they're doing is giving me the option to restore from my own back ups (waste!). Is there any way to retrieve them from older back ups?! I can't even get them restored from the device -like with voice mails, etc - since they weren't technically deleted - the update just wiped them out...
    Any chances of finding them anywhere?!
    01-31-2016 05:17 PM
    If you replied to me asking about I cloud... sorry the guest feature didn't allow me to reply to anyone so I couldn't answer. I can now.
    From what I think i understand I cloud replaces old back ups with the new ones...ya?
    01-31-2016 05:21 PM
    I just replied to your other post. You can go to iCloud.com on your computer and see what's there. To avoid mishaps with voice memos, you can email them to yourself and store them in a folder. Also, you can upload them to Box and Dropbox. I have a few in Box. If they were in messages and not there now or in an iCloud back up, then they are probably gone. Did you have them in messages?
    01-31-2016 06:50 PM
    Can someone answer my question without asking me a question I can't answer?!
    I had the voice memos are gone question!
    You have to understand that we aren't sitting in front of your device. We aren't Apple Support. We have no diagnostic reports, just whatever limited information that is usually supplied to us in the question. This means that we often need additional information. Once you create your account all you have to do is revisit the Ask a Question subforum and respond to our follow up questions.
    So please be patient and understanding. We are all here to help!
    Last edited by DevilishBanker; 01-31-2016 at 07:14 PM.
    01-31-2016 06:57 PM
    It appears a bunch of other folks also lost voice memos in an iOS 8 update.
    01-31-2016 07:02 PM
    If you want to engage in conversations regarding this matter, please register to join the iMore Forum. Thanks.
    01-31-2016 07:31 PM