Why am I unable to verify my Sky email account name & passcode via the Mail app?

I

iMore Question

Was having issues with mail so have deleted accounts. Now tried to re add them and it will not let me do so, says unable to verify account name or password

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Re: apple mail not working with sky

Are you certain you're typing in the correct username and passcode, especially being that the email account had been properly configured before on the device before you started having mail-related issues?

kristinalva

Apr 9, 2016
Visit site
Re: Why am I unable to verify my Sky email account name & passcode via the Mail app?

You might not have set your sky email account in a proper manner. Last week I purchased Apple iphone and faced similar problem. I find it's solution by completely erasing previous set up and by downloading new set up by following below mentioned steps:
- Go to ?Settings? > select ?Mail,Contacts,Calendars? > click on ?Add account? > select ?other?.
- Click on ?Add Mail Account? on your iPhone/iPad device.
- filled Sky account details on the next page by entering the following details
-Name.
- Email address.
-Password for Sky email account.
-Description.
- Make myself sure that the following details are filled on the next page.
- ?IMAP? tab should be highlighted.
- Under the tab, host name is ?imap.tools.sky.com?
-Username should be your Sky email address.
-Hostname for ?Outgoing Mail Server? (SMTP) should be ?smtp.tools.sky.com?
Thereafter checked Sky e-mail POP AND IMAP Settings and I was successful in my mission.
If you are not satisfied with the solution you can visit sky-customer-service number here

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner