Why won't caller ID stay full screen?

I

iMore Question

Hi. I have the 6S plus and I can't get full screen caller ID working properly. What happens is that for some contacts, it works for a time or two, then reverts to thumbnail. I've researched and tried the following: Syncing with icloud only and not syncing with gmail. (Also tried syncing with gmail only and not syncing with icloud). Adding pictures to contacts by going to the contact and adding the picture there directly. Using only pictures that are on my phone. Using only pictures that were taken with my phone at the perfect distance from my subject and adding this picture as is with no zooming or moving. Making sure that the resolution is good,(though it seems the problem crops up less often with pics with bad resolution than ones with good resolution). None of these steps has solved the problem, and it's driving me crazy. Like I said above, it stays full screen at first, but then, for two or three contacts, out of nowhere with no explanation it reverts back to thumbnail. It seems to be completely random which contacts it happens to and when. I have found many discussions about full screen caller ID, but no one seems to be having my exact problem. Help!

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
If you're referring to the contact photo via the call screen, simply delete the pic from the contact card and then re-add it.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
If I'm not mistaken, Gmail contacts will show as thumbnails and iCloud as full screen. You would need to remove the Gmail profile pic and use a different photo from your camera roll.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro