Older iPad to iPad pro email transfer question?

I

iMore Question

Husband used iTunes and transferred all of my info from older iPad to new iPad pro tonight. Everything transferred except my email folders. The only thing I have on the pro is any new email coming in. There is no longer a sent folder, no trash folder, everything that was flagged or vip folders also not there. Please, what are we missing? We are 60....haha...so be gentle to the technically challenged! Thanks much!

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to iMore! Folder settings are usually handled remotely by the email service so it's odd that you're missing some of them. I believe your VIP folder, on the other hand, is handled by your device.
I can't help but think your new email account just wasn't set up properly. I recommend going to Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars, then selecting your email account then selecting Delete Account. Once that process is completed add it back in by tapping on Add Account on that same screen and following the prompts.
As Peligro911 stated, we might be able to give you better help if we know who your email provider is.

mrsmup

Jan 21, 2016
Visit site
I had to open account to reply to answers to my original question above.

I replied with my email provider/ fair point , earlier Use the email software in the IPad pro transferred from iPad 2.

Called fair point,we use home email/wifi only.They said after email sent to me and opened, it has nothing more to do with them.

No folders on iPad pro, just the inbox .Where are they? Deleted email in settings, re entered, shut off, started back up. Still only new email is coming.

I think the problem is in the iTunes transfer/download. ( which there is nothing on there stating download email. )

We do not use iCloud as we have 27 g on old iPad.

Can I use the free 5 g in iCloud to do only my email and will that allow all folders to download intact from the old iPad?

Any other ideas? Thanks, old lady... mrsmup.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro