How do I fix my iPad?

I

iMore Question

How do I fix my ipad

MY ipad will not start. When I show to turn it on. it shows the charge usb on the screen with the lightning bolt and an uncharged battery. I charged the reset b holding down start button and screen button at same time. Nothing happens. How do I do a complete reset?

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Re: How do I fix my ipad

Welcome to iMore!

Silly question, but have you charged it? If you plug it in and it shows that screen, it definitely needs to be charged for at least several minutes to get enough power to be able to boot up. Rebooting won't help a dead battery :)

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site

Welcome to iMore! I second what @robertk328 said. If after several minutes you're still seeing the battery indicator on the screen and pressing and releasing the power button still doesn't work it's likely your battery has exceeding its useful life and simply isn't charging anymore. This is very common with users of older generations of iPads. Apple's lithium batteries are designed to retain 80% of their original capacity for 500 full charge cycles. Anything past that and you're racing against time.

Highrisedrifter

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site

Make apple appointment they will diagnosis it

Yeah before doing that, try charging the device for a few hours first as Robert and DevilishBanker have said.

Then try turning it on and seeing what you get. Afer doing that, it's worth connecting it to iTunes and seeing what your computer says once it's connected.

justabrake

Jul 16, 2012
Visit site

Yeah before doing that, try charging the device for a few hours first as Robert and DevilishBanker have said.

Then try turning it on and seeing what you get. Afer doing that, it's worth connecting it to iTunes and seeing what your computer says once it's connected.

I had an iPad 4 die on me after 6 months Plenty of parts on ebay for them just to show you how many die, I'm sure he's tried the obvious probably the the digitizer is dead , Apple will diagnosis it in a few minutes No harm done !

Highrisedrifter

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site

You may be right and it may be the digitizer but unless and until we exhaust all avenues of enquiry, any speculation doesn't solve the issue.

Better to exhaust all troubleshooting avenues first before traipsing off the an Apple Store only to be told... "You haven't charged it" (for instance), no?

We can't assume people have tried anything. Unless they tell us specifically what they have and have not tried, and so few people even supply us with enough information to actually decode what device they are talking about in the first place, it would be remiss of us not to start at the ground up. Sometimes the most obvious solution is the right one.

"My car has stopped"
"Most likely run out of gas"
"Oh yeah could be. I'll have a look once I get that five ton boulder off the rear end..."

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner