My teenager opened an Apple account on my computer. I am now getting a message that says: Your Apple ID and phone number are now being used for iMessage and FaceTime on a new iphone. I do not have a new iphone and I am thinking my son allowed someone to use my account. How do I cancel this account?
    Last edited by zocster; 01-12-2016 at 01:50 AM.
    01-12-2016 12:49 AM
  2. Highrisedrifter said: Best Answer

Firstly, it might be prudent to ask your teenager if he set up an account and what the credentials for it are so you can perform the below actions.

You can't actually delete an account, you can only delete an account from your machine BUT you DO need the password to do it.

Open iTunes
    Choose Store and View My Apple ID
    Enter your password
    Click Manage Devices and click Remove next to every device

Also in iTunes you can deauthorise your computer from the Store menu on the top bar

If it's just a case that someone else is now using your AppleID, you can just remove any unfamiliar devices from your account as per the methods above.
    Firstly, it might be prudent to ask your teenager if he set up an account and what the credentials for it are so you can perform the below actions.

You can't actually delete an account, you can only delete an account from your machine BUT you DO need the password to do it.

Open iTunes
    Choose Store and View My Apple ID
    Enter your password
    Click Manage Devices and click Remove next to every device

Also in iTunes you can deauthorise your computer from the Store menu on the top bar

If it's just a case that someone else is now using your AppleID, you can just remove any unfamiliar devices from your account as per the methods above.
    01-12-2016 06:41 AM