Instead of storing all of the ebooks I've accumulated on the device, I understand that they can be stored in the iCloud instead. What I haven't figured out is how to 'move' them there, choose what I want to read then move them from the iCloud back onto the device. Do you know of a source that would explain this technique?
    01-11-2016 05:30 PM
  2. Just_Me_D said: Best Answer

All of the books you've purchased via your Kindle is automatically stored in the cloud - not iCloud. Amazon keeps a copy of all of your purchased ebooks on its servers for you to download any time. You cannot, at least not that I'm aware of, transfer your Amazon Kindle ebooks over to Apple's "iCloud".
    All of the books you've purchased via your Kindle is automatically stored in the cloud - not iCloud. Amazon keeps a copy of all of your purchased ebooks on its servers for you to download any time. You cannot, at least not that I'm aware of, transfer your Amazon Kindle ebooks over to Apple's "iCloud".
    01-11-2016 06:37 PM
    So, the ebooks that I purchase have to stay on the iPad/Kindle app. There's no way to move them back and forth between the cloud (Amazon's cloud) and my iPad, correct?
    01-11-2016 11:50 PM
    Are you only using the iPad Kindle app ? I think that when you archive an ebook it removes content back to the cloud (Amazon's) and when you wish to re-read an item it downloads to your device again. Look at device/cloud settings and you should be able to configure your app to your liking. Should you want something really irritating to do... try deleting an ebook permanently from your device, now there's a test of your patience !!
    01-12-2016 07:06 AM
    So, the ebooks that I purchase have to stay on the iPad/Kindle app. There's no way to move them back and forth between the cloud (Amazon's cloud) and my iPad, correct?
    You can download the books to your iPad via the Kindle app, but you cannot move them back to the cloud because they are already there. It's not like you're altering files or anything.
    01-12-2016 07:35 AM
    Right. It's an Amazon product, not an Apple one
    01-12-2016 07:39 AM