How do i restore from icloud backup to a different phone?

I

iMore Question

I gave my wife an iphone 6sPlus for Christmas. She didn't like it and insisted I give her my 6 and take the 6sPlus. Finally, i agreed. I just backed up her old iphone 5s to icloud and now i want to download it to my old iphone 6, but can't figure out how to start the restore process and change the name in the the 6 from my name to my wife's name. Can you help?

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to iMore! Start by going to Settings > General > Reset > Erase All Content and Settings. Once the process is complete you'll sign in using her Apple ID and password and you'll be given the option to restore from an iCloud backup.
This should help: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204686

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
If so, it's a new feature I wasn't aware of. A lot of people have messed up by not doing so. Hope you're right.

Now you have me second guessing that. I was almost sure it prompts for Find My iPhone to be turned off first. Best practice is to turn Find My iPhone off first anyway.
Come to think of it, I believe the user is prompted for his/her password if Find My iPhone is turned on as a security measure, but I don't think it actually deactivates the feature.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2