Opening new tab in safari browser shows my friend name with cloud symbol

G

When I went to open a new browser page my iPhone displayed Maxiphone with a cloud symbol! Well Max is my friend and he created my iCloud account on his iPhone as I purchased a used iPhone and I was not eligible for iCloud account. Please help in this regard and also let me know if my iCloud account is safe.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
He appeared to have signed in to his iCloud account on your iPhone or he created an alternate iCloud account that is associated with his. Why didn't you create your own iCloud account on your own iPhone? The steps are quite simple.

Khizer Hayat2

Dec 30, 2015
Visit site
I cannot as you can only creat 3 iCloud accounts on one single Apple device. Please help me how can I remove my friends name from appearing in the left bottom of my browser tab

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I cannot as you can only creat 3 iCloud accounts on one single Apple device. Please help me how can I remove my friends name from appearing in the left bottom of my browser tab

Where are you seeing this? Show a screenshot! Is it white text?

Like this?
a23a26b7dcf5bae5f365cd6539fea583.448195

Khizer Hayat2

Dec 30, 2015
Visit site
No it is black and here is the screenshot where you can notice right in the bottom left. Cloud logo + Ham!d (this isn't my name it's my friends name)ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1451498457.739568.jpg

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
If you go to Settings -> iCloud what info is there?

I see those with devices I use with the same iCloud ID, usually my iPad or my desktop Mac.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Sorry I could not understand. Do u mean to say that my this iCloud account has been used on some other Apple device?

What you see in my screenshot is my old iPhone 5. It is still on my iCloud account. So you are on the same iCloud account as your friend.
You need your friends iCloud ID. The email and password. That way you can delete his account and add yours.

Khizer Hayat2

Dec 30, 2015
Visit site
What you see in my screenshot is my old iPhone 5. It is still on my iCloud account. So you are on the same iCloud account as your friend.
You need your friends iCloud ID. The email and password. That way you can delete his account and add yours.

I am really confused and try to make an Apple ID for my self but when I try to log in to iPhone using my Apple ID it says could not sign in. Secondly can any body confirm if I have made my Apple ID using my friends iPhone can he access my ID later on.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I am really confused and try to make an Apple ID for my self but when I try to log in to iPhone using my Apple ID it says could not sign in. Secondly can any body confirm if I have made my Apple ID using my friends iPhone can he access my ID later on.

He could if you leave it logged in. Log out and it should be gone. :)

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
It's like he has HIS iCloud account on YOUR phone. You will need to sign out of that account with HIS iCloud ID. Then you can sign in with YOUR ID. You need his iCloud ID to do this.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR