Well, I was STUPID enough to buy a blocked iPhone, in Spain.

I met the seller, she said it was with a spanish carrier (the equialent to O2 in spain, Movistar), and as I wanted it as an Ipod (to use the camera, mostly) I didnt really cared that much.

Went home, tried a few Movistar sim cards, and nothing happened. Took it to a store and after checking it they said it is not spanish, and it is with O2uk. I checked the IMEI and it is blocked.

Of course the person wont give me a chance to return it and get the money back.

Im living in Germany so, would I be able to use it there putting any sim card and use it as an Ipod at least?

Thanks a lot.
    12-22-2015 08:42 AM
  2. Ledsteplin said: Best Answer

Welcome to iMore! You don't need carrier service to play music on it. That said, you would need either cellular data or wifi. If it's a blocked phone, it may not have cellular data available. So it would be wifi only. Sounds like it may be a stolen phone.
    Welcome to iMore! You don't need carrier service to play music on it. That said, you would need either cellular data or wifi. If it's a blocked phone, it may not have cellular data available. So it would be wifi only. Sounds like it may be a stolen phone.
    12-22-2015 09:37 AM