Why am I getting faint background audio during video playback?

jbell84

Dec 17, 2015
Visit site
This is a new phenomenon. While watching a YouTube instruction video on the Amazon site, I get a second channel of audio behind the main video. It sounds like the same video has started again about 15 seconds behind the first. I don't remember changing any system Sound preferences. This has happened watching a video with Quicktime, watching video through Safari, and watching video with iTunes. I'm using a 2011 MacBook Pro with latest versions of Yosemite, Safari and iTunes.

Does anyone know what's happening? Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
This is a new phenomenon. While watching a YouTube instruction video on the Amazon site, I get a second channel of audio behind the main video. It sounds like the same video has started again about 15 seconds behind the first. I don't remember changing any system Sound preferences. This has happened watching a video with Quicktime, watching video through Safari, and watching video with iTunes. I'm using a 2011 MacBook Pro with latest versions of Yosemite, Safari and iTunes.

Does anyone know what's happening? Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

If it's only happening with that one video then it could be how the video was recorded and not some sort of "phenomenon". Are you sure a second video isn't playing in a different screen/tab? Anyway, this is first I've heard of such a thing, and hopefully, you'll discover the culprit and get the issue resolved soon. Good luck.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73