why does safari only work when I have wifi?

I

iMore Question

I have recent update 9.2. I get the message that safari cannot open because the phone is not connected to the internet even though I have set it to use cellular data.

I have restarted phone, and I have reset the general settings. I do not want to restore to new and loose my photos and contacts and apps.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to iMore! Two things to try:
1. Go to Settings > Cellular and make sure that Safari is set to use cellular data
e993ff7491074c997443d3ce33dd19f3.jpg

2. Go to Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings
Let us know if you're still having issues!

jenrutledge

Dec 14, 2015
Visit site
Thanks Devilsihbanker, I did try those two suggestions and still cannot get Safari to respond. This wouldn't be a big deal if I could switch my default browser to Chrome. It made it difficult to accept ticket transfers for yesterdays game. My husband still has 8.0 and it works fine so is it something with the newer updates that is causing the problem? If so Apple needs to create a fix for this in the future.

Jen

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
@jenrutledge
Jen, are you using a content blocker? (Ad blocker). Those will keep some sites from loading. I don't know anyone else having this issue. Is it everything you try to load? Or just a few sites? Is Javascript turned on in Settings? Go to Settings > Safari > advanced> Toggle on Javascript.
If it still doesn't work, let Apple look at it. That's not normal.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal