Which iMac should I purchase?

I

iMore Question

Hi everybody,

I'm looking to purchase an iMac, I'm in my second year of college and I much prefer writing papers, taking tests, and do research on a desktop. Scratch that, I prefer doing just about everything on a desktop over a laptop.

Anyway, I would love to buy a iMac for under $1000 if possible, but I don't want to cheap out now and regret it. I found two computers that I'm seriously considering.

One is the Late 2013 iMac with a quad core processor for $999.

The second is the late 2015 model so it's newer, but its only a duo core and it's slightly more money:

Of those two choices, I think I like the 2015 model more just because it's newer. However, it may be slower and more expensive. Any thoughts?

There's also a third one I'm considering, it seems to be the best of both worlds as it's quad core, retina screen, and from 2015 although it is a couple hundred more:

Thanks in advance for any input!

P.S. I had to remove the links in order to post this, so sorry for the poor descriptions!

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
If you're only going to be using it for school work, email, web surfing, chatting and some video streaming, the $999 model iMac should be more than sufficient, in my opinion.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR