I am relatively new to iMovie, but am getting up to speed quickly [redacted]. The project is to create a photo slideshow for my Mother-in-Law's Memorial Service (She was 91 when she died.) The Funeral Home told me it was vest to save in AVI format. My initial checking doesn't appear to show that as an option. Help! (And thank you in advance.

Sam Sugiyama
    Last edited by Just_Me_D; 12-03-2015 at 06:04 PM.
    12-03-2015 02:49 PM
    I am relatively new to iMovie, but am getting up to speed quickly [redacted]. The project is to create a photo slideshow for my Mother-in-Law's Memorial Service (She was 91 when she died.) The Funeral Home told me it was vest to save in AVI format. My initial checking doesn't appear to show that as an option. Help! (And thank you in advance.

Sam Sugiyama
    You can not save it to an AVI file in iMovie unfortunately. If you had Quicktime Pro, you could convert it to AVI after you are done with it in iMovie. Or something free like Movavi Video Converter, which can convert it to AVI after finishing in iMovie. I would ask what is the next best format they can use, if you can not output AVI. Or ask if they can convert it to AVI. Just some suggestions that I hope help you.
    12-04-2015 01:41 AM