I cannot log in

recDNA

May 6, 2013
Visit site
I am logged in through tapatalk. I am trying to log in through a computer. My password doesn't work so I hit reset password. It sent me the email and gave me a passport link to enter new password. I entered it twice then tried to log in and it still won't let me log in. I can only post here because I am connected through tapatalk. Can a system admin help me out?

I want to change my settings so I do not get emails but the unsubscription links in my emails do not work and I cannot log in any way except through tapatalk. When I try reset password it now says I have no account.

Last edited:

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Send an email explaining the situation to accounts at mobilenations dot com. Thanks.

Last edited:

recDNA

May 6, 2013
Visit site
I'm sorry but what is mobilizations.com? If you are admin you can see my email addy and send me a link to reset my password. The explanation is in my op.

Although I believe I know my original pw from 2012 when I try to sign in from imore website on internet it does not recognize my account. It sent me a thing to link my account to passport which I tried and it didn't work. I simply want a password reset or a new password sent to my email addy which is registered here with my user name.

I went through the password reset process. It then takes me to a link my account page. I enter my user name and new password and this is what I get

345e4ec128abb93ff9f80e78b74c404e.jpg

I'd be perfectly happy to just log in without linking. I believe my android central account with same username is linked to passport but its password works to just log in from internet.

Last edited:

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
iMore, Android Central, Crackberry, Windows Central and Connectedly comprise Mobile Nations. The email address I mentioned early is used for all Mobile Nations account-related issues. Having said that, please send an email explaining the problem to that email address. Thanks.

recDNA

May 6, 2013
Visit site
Good luck with getting logged back in. I'm sure you'll be up and running soon!
I got a reply in which I was told to go to imore and sign in with android central id then link. That doesn't work either. It will not link.

Isn't there some way to just log in to imore without linking? I just want to change settings so I no longer get emails.

Branta

Retired Network Moderator
Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
sounds sorta familiar ......

I got a reply in which I was told to go to imore and sign in with android central id then link. That doesn't work either. It will not link.

Isn't there some way to just log in to imore without linking? I just want to change settings so I no longer get emails.

I think I know the problem, this goes back to an issue we had in the early days of Passport if accounts were created through Tapatalk. Both your accounts at iMore were created back in 2013 before we closed the problem. Even 2 years later we are still finding cases.

The moderators don't have the access to fix it, we need our tech database admin to do some low level tweaks. It needs to be done (databases exist to be fixed, right?) and Michelle should be your POC to coordinate with the tech team. I'll make sure she picks up on this thread.

recDNA

May 6, 2013
Visit site
I think I know the problem, this goes back to an issue we had in the early days of Passport if accounts were created through Tapatalk. Both your accounts at iMore were created back in 2013 before we closed the problem. Even 2 years later we are still finding cases.

The moderators don't have the access to fix it, we need our tech database admin to do some low level tweaks. It needs to be done (databases exist to be fixed, right?) and Michelle should be your POC to coordinate with the tech team. I'll make sure she picks up on this thread.
thanks.. but could Tapatalk even create id in 2012 and my AC account is linked fine

skoenig

Mar 15, 2012
Visit site
@recDNA

Sorry for the delay... I've relinked your passport account with the orphaned account here on IM.

If you change your password in Passport your tapatalk login will need to be updated to this new password. Until then you'll be able to sign in here via tapatalk with your tapatalk pw and everywhere else with your passport password.

~Steph