transfer content from old device to new device after having set up as new.

I

iMore Question

I can not find where to download from the cloud from my old device to my new device which I have already set up as new.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I'm going to *assume* you are trying to restore an iCloud backup from one iOS device to a newer iOS device. If so, check out the instructions below.

You will have to go to Setting→ General→ Reset and then select "Erase All Contents and Settings". The process will then erase ALL DATA CURRENTLY ON THE DEVICE. When finished, you will be see the welcome screen. GO through the steps until you reach the part that prompts you to restore from a backup. Select to restore from your iCloud backup.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Welcome to iMore!

Some of the iCloud data will sync when you enable iCloud, but not all. If you want to copy the entirety of the iCloud info, you would need to restore from iCloud backup vs. setting it up as new. To get to that, you'd have to go to Settings -> General, then scroll down to Reset and choose Erase all content and settings. When the phone comes back, it will ask you to restore from iCloud.

Warning - if you didn't back up to iCloud, and just had iCloud enabled, this won't do you any good, so only do this if you know you have an iCloud backup.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73