Is it compulsory to install windows on parallel desktop??

I

iMore Question

I don't have enough space on my macbook pro to install windows 10.But I have downloaded parallels Desktop.Now if I download windows apps from torrent,would it be able to run on my mac??

CaffeineBomb

Nov 12, 2015
Visit site
Yes, if you want to run windows apps, windows needs to be installed as a virtual machine in parallels afaik. Parallels is a virtual machine manager, it lets you run an operating system but it isn't the operating system itself.

I'm not 100% sure about it, but I think you could also run it from an external hard drive or flash drive if it's large enough if that helps?

Martholemew

Nov 9, 2015
Visit site
Yes, if you want to run windows apps, windows needs to be installed as a virtual machine in parallels afaik. Parallels is a virtual machine manager, it lets you run an operating system but it isn't the operating system itself.

I'm not 100% sure about it, but I think you could also run it from an external hard drive or flash drive if it's large enough if that helps?

This is correct. Parallels will let you create a virtual disk as a file which you can save anywhere. Then you can install Windows 10 on that virtual disk file and run windows software. If you are running out of space, use an external drive to save the virtual disk file like suggested.