Started using the iPhone 6s+ today and noticed that the music and podcasts mute when I launch the Camera app. This occurs when in "photo"-not just in video mode. I have live photo off.
    Anybody know if it's possible to change this so I can listen to music and shoot pics without the audio getting shut down?
    10-30-2015 02:26 PM
    I just tried on my 6s Plus and the behavior was duplicated. As far as I know there isn't a setting available to stop your music from muting when you launch your Camera app. The only workaround that I can think of would be to download a third party camera app but you may or may not experience the same issue. There are several good ones available on the App Store like Camera+.
    10-30-2015 02:31 PM
    An Apple Care rep could only guess if this were a bug or not but suggested I do a restore (in which I did). No change; Music and Podcast apps stop when Camera app is launched.
    10-31-2015 10:46 AM
    An Apple Care rep could only guess if this were a bug or not but suggested I do a restore (in which I did). No change; Music and Podcast apps stop when Camera app is launched.
    I'm sorry you went through an unnecessarily restore. Your issue piqued my interest and I just downloaded Camera+ and my music app did not mute when I opened the app and snapped a picture.
    Camera+ by tap tap tap
    https://appsto.re/us/X-LPt.i
    iRube likes this.
    10-31-2015 11:27 AM
    Started using the iPhone 6s+ today and noticed that the music and podcasts mute when I launch the Camera app. This occurs when in "photo"-not just in video mode. I have live photo off.
    Anybody know if it's possible to change this so I can listen to music and shoot pics without the audio getting shut down?
    Annoying problem, I simply put the camera to pano or timelapse mode and the music continued, result!
    iRube likes this.
    01-29-2016 01:55 PM
    Hello everyone,

Its clear that this is a general issue with the iPhone 6s. and the reply from Apple its just ridiculous.

I've just been on line with 2 representatives as well and they really need our feedback on Apple - iPhone - Feedback (Choose enhancement request for feedback type) so their teams can see how much this affect us. Please spread the word. This needs to be fixed ASAP.

Where is the freedom and multitasking of apple products?

thank you!
    03-28-2016 02:10 PM