Why do we even have ARCHIVES? What is that for?

I

iMore Question

I have gmail account and after I read an email I either erase it or put it in a gmail folder -- what is ARCHIVE for? How do we use it and why does it exist?

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
You can switch it to "Delete". Go to Settings >Mail, Contacts and Calendar > Gmail > account > Advanced -> choose deleted mailbox

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1446134867.325510.jpg

PattyWatty8

Oct 29, 2015
Visit site
Thank you for taking time to respond and I understand that part - what I do not understand what is Archive mean ? Why does one use it? If I want to save email I put it in my gmail folders. What purpose does archives have? That is really my question.
Again thanks for replying to me!

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Thank you for taking time to respond and I understand that part - what I do not understand what is Archive mean ? Why does one use it? If I want to save email I put it in my gmail folders. What purpose does archives have? That is really my question.
Again thanks for replying to me!

Some email accounts do have an archive folder. iCloud and Comcast do. But Gmail does not. Not on the phone. Archive is meant to be like a holding place. Or storage of emails. In Gmail, the archived mail goes to "All Mail", along with all other mail. To move an archived email back to the inbox, tap on the email, then tap the folder icon at the bottom and choose inbox. So you can choose to archive all your mail, or choose delete as the first option on inbox. I like mine set on "deleted mailbox". Like you, if I want to save one, I drop it in a folder.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2