Edit Excel xlsx file in Numbers?

recDNA

May 6, 2013
Visit site
I sent an email to my ipad from my pc as an attachment. I was able to open it in some sort of viewer that I assume is numbers? I was not able to edit nor find any save as options. Is it possible to edit an xlsx file in numbers, save it in numbers, upload it to google drive, then open it in excel? I can't download the actual excel app because I do not wish to install the 8.0 system update in my ipad mini. I read some people can do these things but I see no options to do anything in the viewer that opens the excel file from the attachment I sent myself.

I do not use dropbox nor icloud.

I am thinking of buying a new 6s plus but if I cannot edit excel files then upload the edited version to google drive then reopen in excel format on a pc I'm better off sticking with Android.

Thanks!

recDNA

May 6, 2013
Visit site
When I opened the excel attachment I was in some sort of viewer. Was that numbers?

I tried tapping a cell to edit. Nothing
I tried long press and it highlighted the row and gave me an option to copy. I saw no icons nor menus giving me an option to edit or save.
You say I can edit in numbers. Was the viewer I was in numbers? If so how do I edit or even save as with a new name?

recDNA

May 6, 2013
Visit site
Thanks! I did that and it worked fine. I thought numbers was an apple stock app. Didn't know I had to install it. I was happy all my formulas worked despite the fact some are long and multiply nested.

One issue - if I am editing a column of numbers it appears I must double click on each cell one at a time in order to edit it. No way to enter a number - hit enter - then have it automatically drop to cell below and enter the next number etc?

How can I exclude numbers files from auto icloud upload?

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner