Backup deleted?

I

iMore Question

Hello, I hope you can help me, I sold my iPhone 6 2 months ago and before I erased it completely I backed up all my files and documents to iCloud, and after I sold it, I checked iCloud from my computer to make sure everything was fine, and it was; I could see my backup for my iPhone (it weighed 4-ish gigabytes) but the thing is today I checked again and the backup is gone... it says 4.85 available; no backups no nothing. I have understood that apple deletes your backup after 180 days if no other backups are made but only 2 months have past since my last backup so I want to know if theres some issue with iCloud not showing the backup or is it possible for iCloud to delete my iPhone's backup for no reason. hope you can help me I don't want to lose all my photos, videos, files etc.

iPhone 6, iOS 8.4, iCloud

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Not that I'm aware of, but you might want to call Apple support regarding this matter, especially if you haven't manually deleted the iCloud backups in the device's settings.

Settings - General - Storage & iCloud Usage - Manage Storage (underneath iCloud)