Why is my notification bar is stuck halfway down my screen?

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
I've tried every method, but it won't work. My home button is broken, I have the AssistiveTouch on, I tried using the home button on the display. It won't restart on it's own. My power button works, but I've pressed on it way too many times. I'm afraid it won't work next. Some dumbfxcks decided to charge it the whole night. And the battery will never drain with only the use of notification center stuck on my lock screen. Seems like I'll have to wait for a week/month. I wish Apple would've made the option easier, with their stupid buttons and system... I can't believe I'm having a problem with the notification center on my lock screen! And the greatest yet, the button is no use anymore. Even if I have fixed the button, it still won't work. The dumb notification center is preventing me from doing anything to my device. I can't believe everyone looked up to Apple... Tsk tsk tsk

Apple has sold literally a billion iPhones. A few home buttons are bound to break. It would be silly to expect Apple to figure out workarounds for every possible thing that could go wrong with the device. Get a new phone when you can, and buy AppleCare+.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I've tried every method, but it won't work. My home button is broken, I have the AssistiveTouch on, I tried using the home button on the display. It won't restart on it's own. My power button works, but I've pressed on it way too many times. I'm afraid it won't work next. Some dumbfxcks decided to charge it the whole night. And the battery will never drain with only the use of notification center stuck on my lock screen. Seems like I'll have to wait for a week/month. I wish Apple would've made the option easier, with their stupid buttons and system... I can't believe I'm having a problem with the notification center on my lock screen! And the greatest yet, the button is no use anymore. Even if I have fixed the button, it still won't work. The dumb notification center is preventing me from doing anything to my device. I can't believe everyone looked up to Apple... Tsk tsk tsk

Allow the battery to discharge down until it reboots on it's own.

Babymartian

Nov 17, 2016
Visit site
for those who have broken buttons/assistive touch on but the notification bar is blocking the way to turn it off, I found a really quick fix.
My battery was fully charged meaning it would take hours to die out and I really didn't want to use a software or something because I have a lot on my phone and it could potentially delete my things. However I downloaded a software called Reiboot and connected my phone up to my laptop. The app sends your phone into recovery mode, which from there you can exit as well. I sent my phone into recovery mode (backed up everything just in case) and when my phone turned off and back on, I exited recovery mode and the phone started as normal, with everything still there.

I'm quite thankful for this as I don't have care for my phone and neither money to fix it.
I hope this works for someone else!

Apr 28, 2017
Visit site
Well mine was stuck nearly all the way down like 80% of the screen. Everyone told me iphone was so great and i just keep having issues with them. So expensive and so bad for the price, i'm going back to android phones so much better and easy to customize without being an engineer. The menues, settings, on screen buttons etc are just bad on apple devices. I just don't get it, is it just some "status" thing to have apple devices? Because they are really bad in my opinion so you can't say that you pay high price for high quality, not to mention that you can barely look at the screen and it already breaks. Such a joke. Total scam company :devil:

reeneebob

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
Well mine was stuck nearly all the way down like 80% of the screen. Everyone told me iphone was so great and i just keep having issues with them. So expensive and so bad for the price, i'm going back to android phones so much better and easy to customize without being an engineer. The menues, settings, on screen buttons etc are just bad on apple devices. I just don't get it, is it just some "status" thing to have apple devices? Because they are really bad in my opinion so you can't say that you pay high price for high quality, not to mention that you can barely look at the screen and it already breaks. Such a joke. Total scam company :devil:

Moon Rammer

May 20, 2017
Visit site
Re: My notification bar is stuck halfway down my screen?

Press and hold the home button with the power button until the phone reboots.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What if you have smashed the screen and can no longer use the home button... is it just stuck like that?

ethereality

Jul 6, 2017
Visit site
Ahh but turning on the home button just activates the voice control. I'll try to waste some battery on it. Lucky I happened to have some music in the background.

seyaacchii

Aug 23, 2017
Visit site
It doesn't work on my iPad 2. I was waiting for it to be discharged but then my mother charged it. From 40% to 100%. My iPad is not easily discharged. I literally have to wait for weeks, or worst, a month or so. I am so frustrated. I really want to open my iPad now. What should I do? Even though I keep doing what you all are saying, it still doesn't work.

techmaster12

Sep 21, 2017
Visit site
Everybody I had the same problem. Click on the **** of button on the side really fast rapidly until you see option SOS shutoff and a regular shutdown. Flip the switch on regular shut down. DO NOT PRESS TYE SOS SHUTDOWN

Sherry_B

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
But if I hold down the home button, Siri shows up.

How to preform a hard reset depends on your device, but it's never just holding down the Home button. For example, on my 6s I held down the Power button and the Home button at the same time. On my 8 Plus I quickly press the Up Volume button, then quickly press the Down Volume button, then hold the Power button in order to hard reset.