Why is my notification bar is stuck halfway down my screen?

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
For those with a broken home button, try Accessibility > Assistive Touch > Device> long press "lock screen". This gives you the "slide to power off". It may help.
Or go to Settings > Display and Brightness > Toggle on or off "bold text". This will restart the phone.

Yellow Frat Boy

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
Re: My notification bar is stuck halfway down my screen?

I hit the power button thinking it would solve it but it didnt. So I came to the internet and heres what I find. Althogh because my phone is at full charge I am unable to restart my phone as the screen wont allow me to slide the "Power Off" Button. What do I do?

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

I hit the power button thinking it would solve it but it didnt. So I came to the internet and heres what I find. Althogh because my phone is at full charge I am unable to restart my phone as the screen wont allow me to slide the "Power Off" Button. What do I do?

Allow the battery to discharge all the way down until it reboots.

misscrf

Jun 11, 2016
Visit site
you are my savior! I knew this should work, and had tried it on my ipad mini, but it wasn't working. I tried again when I saw this post and voila! Thank you!!!!!:yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes:

weanthonyjr

Jul 16, 2016
Visit site
Re: notification bar is stuck at 1/2" from bottom of my iPad screen

I tried the pressing Home and On/Off keys at the same time to reboot, and it worked! Thought I was going to have to take it to the Apple Store like I did my iPhone, and then I'd loose everything!! THANKS!!

Slimelox

Jul 19, 2016
Visit site
My Notification bar is stuck while taking over 97% of the screen,I can't see or do anything but swipe at the notifications,any tips?

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
My Notification bar is stuck while taking over 97% of the screen,I can't see or do anything but swipe at the notifications,any tips?

Welcome to iMore! As suggested already in this thread, reset your device by holding the power button and home button down simultaneously until you see the Apple boot logo. That should take care of it.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
What if it don't do anything? Anymore tips?

Try again. I know someone who had to do the hard reset 4 times to get the screen to move. You might also try Reset All Settings.
Reset All Settings
Go to Settings >General >Reset >Reset All Settings. This resets to default everything in Settings, including notifications, alerts, brightness, and clock settings like wake up alarms.

bellalamie1

Aug 16, 2016
Visit site

So, this was very helpful, but in my case my home button is stuck down. My device won't die and I'm honestly about to cry. Any ideas?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

So, this was very helpful, but in my case my home button is stuck down. My device won't die and I'm honestly about to cry. Any ideas?

Get your home button fixed, preferably at the nearest Apple Store.

will_cracknell04

Sep 30, 2016
Visit site
I have the excact same problem! Although yours is working, mine is not! I have an iPad Mini 2, it's 1 year old. I was texting on a group chat with some friends and then a text became frozen to my screen. UGH!! All of my apps are working, but this text notification is blocking the way of certain stuff. EXAMPLES: I'm scrolling through an article on Snapchat. Can't even see the heading that tells me what the article is ABOUT. Brother asks the time. CAN'T SEE THE TIME.
I tried powering off to see what that would do.. but the notification blocked the slide button!! THE NOTIFICATION IS STILL FROZEN ON MY SCREEN AFTER LIKE TEN HOURS OF SLEEP.

Please help!

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
I have the excact same problem! Although yours is working, mine is not! I have an iPad Mini 2, it's 1 year old. I was texting on a group chat with some friends and then a text became frozen to my screen. UGH!! All of my apps are working, but this text notification is blocking the way of certain stuff. EXAMPLES: I'm scrolling through an article on Snapchat. Can't even see the heading that tells me what the article is ABOUT. Brother asks the time. CAN'T SEE THE TIME.
I tried powering off to see what that would do.. but the notification blocked the slide button!! THE NOTIFICATION IS STILL FROZEN ON MY SCREEN AFTER LIKE TEN HOURS OF SLEEP.

Please help!

Reset your device by holding the power button and home button down simultaneously until you see the Apple boot logo.

broccolimuscle

Oct 9, 2016
Visit site
Reset your device by holding the power button and home button down simultaneously until you see the Apple boot logo.
I've tried every method, but it won't work. My home button is broken, I have the AssistiveTouch on, I tried using the home button on the display. It won't restart on it's own. My power button works, but I've pressed on it way too many times. I'm afraid it won't work next. Some dumbfxcks decided to charge it the whole night. And the battery will never drain with only the use of notification center stuck on my lock screen. Seems like I'll have to wait for a week/month. I wish Apple would've made the option easier, with their stupid buttons and system... I can't believe I'm having a problem with the notification center on my lock screen! And the greatest yet, the button is no use anymore. Even if I have fixed the button, it still won't work. The dumb notification center is preventing me from doing anything to my device. I can't believe everyone looked up to Apple... Tsk tsk tsk

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro