Recording(?) image - grey bar in text message reply field.

nodebro

Sep 29, 2015
Visit site
Turning dictation off will only remove the microphone icon from the right side of the text box. Sadly, the dreaded voice box still pops up. This is an issue that needs to be acknowledged fast before people start filing claims with insurion.

boo0213

Sep 30, 2015
Visit site
It has to be the update because I have an iphone6s and I been getting it too. Never had it on my 6. I didn't update my 6 and I never had a grey bar

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Showed up on mine and I have the stock keyboard deleted. I use SwiftKey. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1443581091.650106.jpg

kyoung85

Oct 1, 2015
Visit site
If you have an iPhone 6 there is an option to turn the "Raise to Listen" option. This can be found by going to Settings, then tapping on messages. It is all the way at the bottom. This will resolve the issue and prevent you from having to exit out of your messages each time or create a new one each time.

khanigan

Oct 6, 2015
Visit site
Double clikcking the home button and swiping the page up to close it was the best and most logical solution and it WORKS! Thanks

JJ boo8

Oct 7, 2015
Visit site
Ditto
So annoying mine is doing same constantly putting the grey bar in my txt line can't seem to get rid of it no matter what I try in the end I've to delete the message to that person and start over ... And again as everyone says it's only started happening since the update ..

jencruby

Oct 7, 2015
Visit site
Wow - great tip to swipe away the text screen and any others open to clear it. It worked!! Bravo!! (What the hell was that, anyway???)

Maggie16

Oct 19, 2015
Visit site
I have the same problem, and it all started after the last update! At first there was a microphone on the right side and I could easily dismiss the stupid thing by holding it down and swiping up. Now it just shows the timer. I am going to restart my phone to reboot, and hopefully that fixes (temporarily) the problem. I agree that it is most annoying, and I too wish there was a way to permanently disable the feature until I wanted it!

Marianne King

Oct 21, 2015
Visit site
Just spoke with Apple for the 6th time and they told me to under "MESSAGES" to change under Audios Messages--Raise to Listen--turn that off. Worked like a charm.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh