Since upgraded to iOS 9 I have a red dot on phone icon why ???

I

iMore Question

Since I upgraded I have got the red dot on the phone icon - if I turn my data on this will go otherwise of I turn it off I have a red dot - even though I have signal - what is going on ? Help !?

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
Since I upgraded I have got the red dot on the phone icon - if I turn my data on this will go otherwise of I turn it off I have a red dot - even though I have signal - what is going on ? Help !?

Typically that means that you have voicemail, but the iPhone can?t retrieve it. This scenario usually occurs for one of the following reasons:
  • The iPhone has just been restored or reset
  • The iPhone has a new SIM card inserted into it with a different phone number or service plan.
  • The associated phone voicemail password has been changed.
See a Blank Red Dot on the Phone Icon? It?s Your iPhone Voicemail, Here?s the Fix | OSXDaily

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Typically that means that you have voicemail, but the iPhone can’t retrieve it. This scenario usually occurs for one of the following reasons:
  • The iPhone has just been restored or reset
  • The iPhone has a new SIM card inserted into it with a different phone number or service plan.
  • The associated phone voicemail password has been changed.
See a Blank Red Dot on the Phone Icon? It?s Your iPhone Voicemail, Here?s the Fix | OSXDaily
TY Hank - I needed to know that myself, Hope the OP gets it too.

danwhite77

Sep 30, 2015
Visit site
Hi All,

I'm having the same red dot problem and the voicemail fix in the link above isn't working for me. The red dot started after I upgraded to iOS 9 on my iPhone 5S. I went through the process to change my voicemail password, but when I try to change my password by entering a password in the "Enter a new voicemail password" box, I get an error that states "Voicemail Unavailable, Unable to connect. Try again later." I have full service on my phone right now and I can reach my voicemail by calling my voicemail from my phone.

Does anyone have a solution to this problem? Or know how I could enter a new voicemail password? Restarting is definitely not working on this one.

Thanks for any help.
Dan

Update: I reset my network settings and that did the trick. Or at least, I don't have the red dot anymore. I'll update if it comes back.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Hi All,

I'm having the same red dot problem and the voicemail fix in the link above isn't working for me. The red dot started after I upgraded to iOS 9 on my iPhone 5S. I went through the process to change my voicemail password, but when I try to change my password by entering a password in the "Enter a new voicemail password" box, I get an error that states "Voicemail Unavailable, Unable to connect. Try again later." I have full service on my phone right now and I can reach my voicemail by calling my voicemail from my phone.

Does anyone have a solution to this problem? Or know how I could enter a new voicemail password? Restarting is definitely not working on this one.

Thanks for any help.
Dan

Update: I reset my network settings and that did the trick. Or at least, I don't have the red dot anymore. I'll update if it comes back.

Contact your carrier. They may can help.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro