IOS 9 - Battery Usage Data not showing?

I

iMore Question

I've updated 5 devices to IOS 9 since launch day:

(2) iPad Mini 2's
(2) iPhone 5s'
(1) iPhone 6+

The 2 ipads and Iphone 5s' were updated on launch day. They all show battery usage data. Not just how many minutes the phone has been used but there are also stats for each individual app that has been used.

The iPhone 6+ was updated yesterday. It shows how long the phone has been off standby but is not providing the usage data for individual apps, just the following message "usage stats will be available after iPhone has been used for a few minutes".

I've used the phone, but no usage data for individual apps. Anyone else have this issue or know how to fix?

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Try opening a few apps and leave them open and the main usuage is going to be your screen at least it is on mind. Make sure you did not reset stats and if you put it on charge after a full charge it ill reset but you DO have to do a full charge.

clemson91

Sep 19, 2015
Visit site
Phone was fully charged this morning. Have opened about 9 apps and left them open.

Currently showing 25 minutes of usage since last full charge; 4 hours and 14 minutes of usage since last full charge.

As for actual app usage it just shows this message:

"Battery information will be available after using the iPhone for a few minutes."

This is just on the iPhone 6+. All other devices working fine.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Not sure why it's not working for you guys. Have you done a "Hard Reset" after updating to iOS9?...

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1442686765.331822.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1442686773.852169.jpg

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
This is puzzling to me as is you. Might be time for either a visit to the Genius Bar of your local Apple Store or at least a call to tech support and a diagnosis over the phone. Good luck.

mdchachi

Oct 6, 2015
Visit site
I have the same issue on an iPhone 5S on iOS 9.0, 9.01, 9.0.2.
If I go to the battery screen it shows no apps usage data. You can see it does some query and then it displays "Battery information will be available after using the iPhone for a few minutes." But it stays this way indefinitely. Even after running on battery for 5+ hours.
I haven't tried restoring or anything like that. Just powering off/on. Anybody find a solution?

wenchwendy

Oct 31, 2015
Visit site
Any update on this?i updated 4s yesterday. Initially had battery use stats. Then let battery drain to 'calibrate since drainage was extremely fast after update. After recharging to full power I no longer have usage stats . Just same message as op above.
I have done a hard reset.
Please advise

TurboTiger

Nov 27, 2003
Visit site
I use my Mophie Battery Case most of the day, which is constantly charging the iPhone battery.
When the Mophie runs down I'm on the iPhone battery. So I am using the iPhone battery daily be it just a small % of he day.
On Sundays, I don't turn on the Mophie Cae Battery at all. (day of rest)
So today (Sunday) the apps appeared under Battery Usage.
Not sure this means anything or it's a fluke.
Good Luck

Docwild

Feb 11, 2018
Visit site
Has any one figured this out yet. I just did hard reset on 2 iPhone 6's w/ios11 & nothing. It seems to me Apple should be providing an answer?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner