iPad 2nd Generation slow after IOS9 download.

V

VictoriaErivez

Hi I have an IPad 2nd generation. I downloaded IOS 9. And it's super slow and laggy. How can I fix this problem?

zerog46

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
Realistically buy a newer iPad. It's getting pretty old as far as technology.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Hi I have an IPad 2nd generation. I downloaded IOS 9. And it's super slow and laggy. How can I fix this problem?
Go ahead and place your iPad in DFU mode by holding power and home button until screen is black anklet off power but hold home until you see the connect to iTunes cable and then do a restore and update from there.
2 things - first do a backup anyway and also make sure you are plugged in to iTunes before placing in DFU Mode.

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
I updated my iPad 2 to iOS 9 and for what I do on it it's fine. But if you're using it for most of your task you should definitely consider a new iPad. I'm going to upgrade in the very near future for the new iOS 9 features and the battery is showing its age after 4 years and 4 years is ancient for a mobile device. I read rumors that a new iPad may include a 32 Gig in the lineup. If that's true and it's the same price as a the current 16 Gig I may go for that. Just going to wait and see.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I updated my iPad 2 to iOS 9 and for what I do on it it's fine. But if you're using it for most of your task you should definitely consider a new iPad. I'm going to upgrade in the very near future for the new iOS 9 features and the battery is showing its age after 4 years and 4 years is ancient for a mobile device. I read rumors that a new iPad may include a 32 Gig in the lineup. If that's true and it's the same price as a the current 16 Gig I may go for that. Just going to wait and see.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you for your help. I will try DFU and then tell the hubby I need a new model. Appreciate it.

FYI - When the IPA 2 came out and the first gen Air w/o The Touch Fingerprint ID these all went down as all the old models do no matter what be it iPad or Phone and so forth. With that i bought an IPA 1st gen 32GB for $449.00 as opposed to the original price of $699.00.
It is for sure worth the upgraded hardware Victoria and worth having a convo with the Hubby as you mentioned so best of luck with your current problem going into DFU mode and the talk with him also...LOL :)

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Hey thank you. I put in DFU mood. A lot better than before. Not as slow like before.  still will hit the hubby up for a newer one.
Glad you are making progress and good luck, Zhang in there and remember it does take a few days for a new OS for the device files to settle down and work as they should and many of ALL of us - me too forget this at times. :)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods