After the ios 9 update there is no contact pictures in my messages?!

I

iMore Question

I have an iphone 5s I updated to ios 9 and I was really stocked that you can now see the bubbles with the photo of your contact but I dont seem to have that is there a way to enable it?! Thanks!

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Reboot your iPhone and see if they re-appear. If they are still present in your contacts, they should appear in the message listing.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Also to ENABLE all you have to do is touch the bubble under each contact info where you will see edit and allow you to open up your photos to select the pic you want to use.

PS there is also a good article written by the iMore staff on the blog about IOS 9 *Tweaks* for many various things which is quite useful. Thanks to the staff for providing this for anyone who needs it! :)

mustangprincess

Sep 18, 2015
Visit site
I am having the same problem. I have an iPhone 6. I updated to iOS 9 and there is an extra space beside my contacts names but there is no picture. I have restarted the phone, hard and soft, and I have even restored it and downloaded iOS 9 again. This is very frustrating considering this was one of the main things I was looking forward to. Someone help???

Mike Bartolini

Sep 18, 2015
Visit site
I had same problem with my 6. Realized I had display set to zoom and that's why the pictures weren't there just that awkward space. It's not a glitch. Go to Settings --> Display --> View --> Standard

amjaxn13

Sep 24, 2015
Visit site
I have the same problem...my photos in my contacts are gone. I tried everything suggested here, and nothing worked. Any other ideas?

Chrisy

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
I'm having the same issue. Even when I have pictures set in the context it isn't showing up in the messages app. It's only some of them.

Also when I go into contacts and edit to add a picture when I hit done it doesn't save the pictures. Seems like a glitch. I have to add the picture to the contact 4-5 times before it will "stick."

Anyone else having this issue?

ggosse

Feb 6, 2016
Visit site
I had a similar issue on iPhone 6. Some contact pics there, some not. When I went into contacts and scrolled all way to bottom, my iCloud contact did not have a pic. When I selected a pic for it, issue was resolved for me. Good luck!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711