Apple TV upcoming new software

I

iMore Question

Does anyone know if there will be downloadable software for last years Apple TV (2015) device too so as to allow for the new apps? I don't think I need the latest Apple TV because it seems it's just games and a new remote along with hardware that wouldn't really matter if I'm just using it for viewing Movies, tv shows and the like. Also, does anyone have a really good reason to return this product and get the new Apple TV when it comes out? Like to see some opinions. Thanks in advance.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
AppStore on AppleTV won't be coming to anything below the new one when it releases... and so far, there is no OS update for the AppleTV2 or 3...

Coachbulldog

Aug 19, 2011
Visit site
AppStore on AppleTV won't be coming to anything below the new one when it releases... and so far, there is no OS update for the AppleTV2 or 3...

I won't be getting a new AppleTV even if here is no update for my ATV2. I'm in same position as the OP, the features on the new ATV are not things I'm interested in. I don't mean this as a knock on the new device. It looks like a great upgrade for a lot of folks. But my AppleTV 2 still provides everything I want from it.

Nice thing about Apple products is they are built to last. I still have an iPod from 2010 that is going strong. It is limited in what it can do, but it still holds and plays my music plus iHeart Radio, calculator, and Safari all work well. If I get five more years of use from my AppleTV 2 I will be very happy.