Can I send an iCloud Locked iPhone to local Apple Authorized Service Centre for replacement since it cannot be activate?
    09-15-2015 01:24 PM
    09-15-2015 01:30 PM
    If you got a phone that's activation locked, then no. They can't help you. You need the credentials to log in.
    09-15-2015 01:32 PM
    However, I just got to know a lost iPhone (Activation Locked) of mine being sent to local Apple Authorized Service Center for service. Apple had issued a replacement unit for the unknown party who had sent the phone for service. By right Apple would reject to service any iCloud Locked device, suppose?
    09-15-2015 01:35 PM
    However, I just got to know a lost iPhone (Activation Locked) of mine being sent to local Apple Authorized Service Center for service. Apple had issued a replacement unit for the unknown party who had sent the phone for service. By right Apple would reject to service any iCloud Locked device, suppose?
    Again as stated previous YES they will. I don't even believe they would contact you to ask who, What , Where, When etc you get the idea except to tell you that are returning it.
    09-15-2015 01:49 PM
    I do hope they would and will reject to service any iCloud Locked device at the local service center. Unfortunately the local service center does replaced the mentioned Activation Locked iPhone 6 and below are some of the facts I found:

From the Apple Selfsolve (selfsolve.apple.com/agreementWarrantyDynamic.do), I entered the device serial number to check the warranty.

Can I send an iCloud Locked iPhone for Service?-serial-number-replaced.png

From this print screen, it clearly indicated that the mentioned iPhone's Serial Number & IMEI has been replaced.

When I checked through the Apple Support Profile, the mentioned device has a Repair Case for it.

Can I send an iCloud Locked iPhone for Service?-_repair_status.png

The mentioned device has been sent to one of the local Apple Authorized Service Center (by walk in).

Can I send an iCloud Locked iPhone for Service?-_take-service.png

So I managed to dive even further by examined the JSON Data that attached to the Repair Case:

Can I send an iCloud Locked iPhone for Service?-_service_details.png

The Repair Case has been created on 23 June 2015 at a local Apple Authroized Service Center named "QCD Technology (M) Sdn. Bhd."

Name:  _Service_Details_2.png
Views: 1116
Size:  3.1 KB

These Repair Case Data also shown that the device were originally purchase on 6 November 2014.

After the mentioned iCloud Locked device being serviced (replaced) by Apple, it is now able to be activate by new user or iCloud ID.

Can I send an iCloud Locked iPhone for Service?-_activation-lock.png
    09-15-2015 02:40 PM
    Anyone of you here came across the similar case, do enlighten me? :-)
    09-16-2015 11:17 AM