The next morning I turned my pod on and placed my thumb on the home button but, NOTHING! I opened the iTouch menu but my finger print was missing and I tried to scan my finger print again But it say "Unable to complete iTouch setup" WHY????
    09-12-2015 01:01 AM
    The next morning I turned my pod on and placed my thumb on the home button but, NOTHING! I opened the iTouch menu but my finger print was missing and I tried to scan my finger print again But it say "Unable to complete iTouch setup" WHY????
    iPod or iPad? I'm guessing that you are talking about an iPad Mini 3 (since there was no iPad Mini 3, and I don't think ANY of the iPods do TouchId.

How old is the device? Have you tried a hard reboot? How about restoring iOS and setting it up as a new device? If none of that made a difference, I'd say your next step is to visit an Apple store.
    09-12-2015 01:08 AM
    I think they mean iPad bc it says mini 3 in the subject line.

It's either hardware or software, so before doing anything- make sure you have a backup of your information, or if you don't care about your info proceed without it.

Before doing anything, verify that you're running the latest software released to the general public, and not a beta. Right now it's, 8.4.1

Once you have a backup- erase the device and set it up as new. If it lets you set up your finger print, then it's a software issue.

If it doesn't let you set up your fingerprint in the set up process with the device set up as new, then it's a hardware issue, and you need to contact apple support or go into an Apple Store.

That is the quickest way to get your answer as to what is going on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by TheodoreEinstein; 09-12-2015 at 08:27 AM. Reason: Clarity
    09-12-2015 08:23 AM