How to reset the apple iD for iphone 5c?

I

iMore Question

Hi!

I just want to ask regarding to the iphone 5c that I bought in garage sale. The phone is totaly break down the lcd thats why they sell it. I decided to change the lcd and ordered the parts in ebay. I already replaced and its working fine but the major problem is I cannot opened the phone cause its need a passcode and during that I bought it the old man said that the owner of the phone was his son and he didn't know that it comes with passcode. Cause i cannot opened and see any image on the screen when i bought it and i thinking it was easy to reset.

I already reset the phone using the itunes but unfortunately the apple id is activated i didnt know how to reset it and to change a new one.

Im hoping that you can help me.

Thank you so much!

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
Hi!

I just want to ask regarding to the iphone 5c that I bought in garage sale. The phone is totaly break down the lcd thats why they sell it. I decided to change the lcd and ordered the parts in ebay. I already replaced and its working fine but the major problem is I cannot opened the phone cause its need a passcode and during that I bought it the old man said that the owner of the phone was his son and he didn't know that it comes with passcode. Cause i cannot opened and see any image on the screen when i bought it and i thinking it was easy to reset.

I already reset the phone using the itunes but unfortunately the apple id is activated i didnt know how to reset it and to change a new one.

Im hoping that you can help me.

Thank you so much!

Apple added the Activation Lock to iOS 7 to combat the rampant unauthorized reselling of lost/stolen devices. There is no way around this lockout? your only options are to contact the person you bought it from and (1) get the seller to remove the device from their iCloud account, or (2) get your money back. If you bought it from an honest/legitimate seller, they?ll help you out. If you bought a stolen device from a scumbag, you are simply SOL, and you now own a pretty, albeit expensive, paperweight. You might be able to get a refund if you paid for the device with Paypal - just file a claim and see what happens. Otherwise, you are simply out of luck.

So there it is.

If it's your device, use the link (https://iforgot.apple.com/password/verify/appleid) to reset the login.
If you purchased the device from someone on eBay or CraigsList or a similar site, take whatever recourse you have against the seller to recover your cash.
If you are the thief who's trying to use a device that you stole, give it back.

In the future, before you buy a used iOS device make sure there is no active Activation Lock enabled that device. Just get either the serial number or IMEI and enter it here. Apple will report the status of the device.

https://www.icloud.com/activationlock/

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711