Best Option to preorder the IPhone 6s for use outside of the United States?

I

iMore Question

I am from the States but currently I am studying in Mexico and I really want the Iphone 6s. I plan to preorder the iPhone but on the Apple website there is no sim-free option and I do not want to wait until it comes out here in Mexico. I have read that if ordered from the Apple website, the T-Mobile phones come unlocked? Take in mind that I use the telephone provider, Telcel, which I've read uses these bands: GSM-850, GSM-1900 and WCDMA/UMTS/HSPA 850.

Would appreciate all comments.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
On the Apple website I have found the most concise info in one spot by waiting until the slide show you first see gets to the 6S, Click on it and open it to start getting your info and even do a mock purchase short of buying it so that you understand everything and to your question about *Sim Free* - ALL phones if the Apple Upgrade Program is used come unlocked and you then chose your carrier. The rest is self explanatory. Good luck to you and wi

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
On the Apple website I have found the most concise info in one spot by waiting until the slide show you first see gets to the 6S, Click on it and open it to start getting your info and even do a mock purchase short of buying it so that you understand everything and to your question about *Sim Free* - ALL phones if the Apple Upgrade Program is used come unlocked and you then chose your carrier. The rest is self explanatory. Good luck to you and wi

Can you do the mock in the Apple Store app?

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Can you do the mock in the Apple Store app?
If I remember you have no Internet or computer? I just tried on my Apple Store App on my IP6 and yes you can do it, Go under featured and the blue bar will say "Get ready for IP6S" and from there follow through on the top right "View Pricing" and you can go as far as you can go w/o the cart. I assume un the 12th at 3:00AM EST it will have a cart.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
If I remember you have no Internet or computer? I just tried on my Apple Store App on my IP6 and yes you can do it, Go under featured and the blue bar will say "Get ready for IP6S" and from there follow through on the top right "View Pricing" and you can go as far as you can go w/o the cart. I assume un the 12th at 3:00AM EST it will have a cart.

Yep. I checked it out. My first pre-order. Thanks!

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Yep. I checked it out. My first pre-order. Thanks!
Hey anytime.. No worries. Did you try it out to see what to do on the 12th? Looks easy and are you using the new Apple Upgrade Program with Applecare + included? If soy will have to do a store pickup. Can you use safari on your phone? You can read about the entire Upgrade Program.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Hey anytime.. No worries. Did you try it out to see what to do on the 12th? Looks easy and are you using the new Apple Upgrade Program with Applecare + included? If soy will have to do a store pickup. Can you use safari on your phone? You can read about the entire Upgrade Program.

I'm buying from Apple but using the Verizon 2 year contract plan. I think I know what to do on the 12th. I followed through starting at the pre-order spot. I just wanted to do it quickly. I want it ordered by 2:02 am central. LOL

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I'm buying from Apple but using the Verizon 2 year contract plan. I think I know what to do on the 12th. I followed through starting at the pre-order spot. I just wanted to do it quickly. I want it ordered by 2:02 am central. LOL
Good luck, I am sure you will enjoy it, I know I sure love my IP 6!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711