How can you remove the demo mode from Apple watch?

I

iMore Question

Bought this off an associate, I understand there is no difference in hardware just a looped app that needs to be reset?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
What demo mode and what looped app? Can you not get with the associate you purchased it from and have him reset it for you?

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I personally have never heard of this although I know what you mean like the way Apple sets up devices that are used in the retail stores to show demos so I would say if everything was set up by you the correct way more than likely I would o to an Apple Retain Store for further assistance on the matter.

Highrisedrifter

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
I was told by an Apple Store employee that only the demo watches have the looping demo. No retail watch would have that at all...

*ahem* 'Associate'

My police officer spidey sense is tingling...

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Bought this off an associate, I understand there is no difference in hardware just a looped app that needs to be reset?
As I had indicated in my first reply it sounds just like going to any Apple Qualified store i.e.. Best Buy and watching the same screen saver on all their machines but yet it is not seen under screen savers and for this reason I suggested you just drop in on an Apple retail store and present it for them where I am sure they can take it off or reset it. Hope all goes well for you! Please let us know how you do. :)

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I was told by an Apple Store employee that only the demo watches have the looping demo. No retail watch would have that at all...

*ahem* 'Associate'
Makes perfect sense tome and why my answer. The OP other than saying bought from an associate of his did not say *NEW* but odd that he would even have a demo? Hope and sure he can get it resolved!!

Scatabrain

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
I heard they can't take it out of demo loop either. Yes the watch is otherwise identical but it doesn't really matter if you don't have a legit way to change it.

Scatabrain

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
FWIW: the associates are encouraged to explain demo loop mode in response to everyone's reaction when they try to use the demo and can't.

It's like: Yeah you can't really try it out, but don't worry the demo watch is a real watch that you're trying on.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I heard they can't take it out of demo loop either. Yes the watch is otherwise identical but it doesn't really matter if you don't have a legit way to change it.

FWIW: the associates are encouraged to explain demo loop mode in response to everyone's reaction when they try to use the demo and can't.

It's like: Yeah you can't really try it out, but don't worry the demo watch is a real watch that you're trying on.

Sounds like more to this than what I thought to be easy and not to mean anything from the OP but how this even could happen. Too bad if the OP can't get a resolution.

Scatabrain

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
Sounds like more to this than what I thought to be easy and not to mean anything from the OP but how this even could happen. Too bad if the OP can't get a resolution.

I wouldn't feel too bad about it. The big elephant in the room is how the demo watch became available. They don't generally let that stuff go to anyone.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I wouldn't feel too bad about it. The big elephant in the room is how the demo watch became available. They don't generally let that stuff go to anyone.
LOL Well my friend that was what I was getting at myself but trying to be somewhat easygoing in how i said it as i am sure you know now what i mean myself. Well we will see how it works out if it does. Take care!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711