Can somebody change your iCloud ID on a stolen iPhone by deinstalling the app?

I

iMore Question

Some body has made a robbery and snatched my purse. now the id has been cracked and it has been removed from find my phone and the device has been removed from my id.
how can i locate my phone as the IMEI no is still with me along with original box.

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
Re: can somebody change your i cloud id on a stolen i phone by deinstalling the app.

Contact your carrier so they can block the device. As far as finding it, I don't see how.

Sent from my GORGEOUS, SEXY, AWESOME Gold 128G iPhone 6

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Re: can somebody change your i cloud id on a stolen i phone by deinstalling the app.

go to icloud.com on a web browser/computer... open Find My iPhone there... if your missing device is still listed, select it... put it in lost mode there... and erase it.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

How do you know they changed the Apple ID? If the thief powered the phone off, it will not show on "Find My iPhone". Keep checking and they may turn it back on and then you can see where it is.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site

IF you had the Activation Lock activated on your phone, the thief could only have removed it by knowing your password.

Apple added the Activation Lock to iOS 7 to combat the rampant unauthorized reselling of lost/stolen devices. There is no way around this lockout…

You can check the status of the Activation Lock by entering your IMEI or serial number in the form at this Apple site:
https://www.icloud.com/activationlock/

View attachment 90638

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh