Can I reset a jailbroken iPhone 3G without the iPhone password?

sasa84

Sep 2, 2015
Visit site
Okay...
So I received a second hand iPhone 3. it was jail broken... I was not aware of this and did not have the IPhone password...
I did a hard reset by pressing the power button and the home button together -
now the phone is asking me for a sim and when I plug into the computer I tells me "were sorry we cannot continue with activation please contact support"
is there any way around this?
how can I wipe and get into this iPhone?

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
Re: clear iphone 3 to be liek new? (jailbroken)

Okay...
So I received a second hand iPhone 3. it was jail broken... I was not aware of this and did not have the IPhone password...
I did a hard reset by pressing the power button and the home button together -
now the phone is asking me for a sim and when I plug into the computer I tells me "were sorry we cannot continue with activation please contact support"
is there any way around this?
how can I wipe and get into this iPhone?

First of all, make sure that you?re running the latest version if iTunes. Then, just put your device in DFU mode and connect it to your computer/iTunes. It will download the latest iOS and install it for you. Then you will need a vaild SIM from your wireless carrier to activate the phone.

If this is an iPhone 3G or 3GS, Activation Lock won't be an issue, as it didn't come until iOS 7. The latest version of iOS for the 3G is 4.2.1 and for the 3GS is 6.1.6.

How to put your iPhone or iPad into DFU mode | iMore

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Airwaysoffices